Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

planning to do a mod (hilux on cc01) 7 years 2 months ago #42400

so want to do a somehow credible hilux (for pete's sake 68HP can't haul chassis like the ones tamiya put them on) so it has to be both, lower heigh and smaller wheels on it :P the obvious option is a cc01 chassis, because it allows relatively easy to change wheelbase, but the hilux body looks like a tad too large at 11.75", I understand the CC allows three wheelbases to be used, but dunno which three, the only I deduced is that at least the wrangler is 10" long, like the pajero, the first cc car, so I deduce that 10" is the "average"wheelbase, being the other 9 and 11"... Again, lots of deduction over non existing info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

planning to do a mod (hilux on cc01) 7 years 2 months ago #42401

Jonny Retro is the boss of the CC01 modifying ;). He could give you advices. look his camper.

planning to do a mod (hilux on cc01) 7 years 2 months ago #42406

also I want to find the roof. and ornament of the Pizza planet truck. (I suppose those must exist somewhere, even if on Lexan)

Re:planning to do a mod (hilux on cc01) 7 years 2 months ago #42408

The CC allows for a variable wheelbase if if you make your own links for the rear axle. Not sure if the CC will be the right base for a Hilux body, do. you want to actually drive the car and where?

Re:planning to do a mod (hilux on cc01) 7 years 2 months ago #42409

yes, intention is driving it, at least on Tarmac, it would be a far cry of a bruiser, more in the line of a mix between a two axle rig and a CC01 on road spec, just realized 4wd won't be at all required, then it would be a lot easier

Re:planning to do a mod (hilux on cc01) 7 years 2 months ago #42411

You can maybe do your own chassis with tractor transmission ans spares?
The following user(s) Liked this: Dash_Crash

planning to do a mod (hilux on cc01) 7 years 2 months ago #42414

I just typed up a long reply, which got lost to a bogus "flooding" error - so this is the short version:

Short Wheelbase (242mm):
Pajero MTW
Pajero RS
Landfreeder

Medium Wheelbase (252mm):
Land Cruiser 40

Long: (267mm)
Amarok
FJ Cruiser

Bruiser body measurements: 189mm width (front arches), 193 (rear), wheelbase 290mm

Stock CC-01 wheel/tyre dimensions look ok & would give some off road capability.

CC-01 chassis are tall & that will give problems with interior & load bed depth, but these are surmountable (e.g high floor & fake load).

23mm difference in wheelbase - If I were to do this on a CC-01 chassis, I'd probably take out a 9mm strip out of the doors & roof, plus the other 14mm between the cab & rear arches.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

planning to do a mod (hilux on cc01) 7 years 2 months ago #42417

Forget the cc, atm I decided to use an old df01 chassis I have, it almost fit exactly, a bit too short, so I have to see if I play With trapezoids, perhaps I can elongate it 2-3mm it needs to fit like a glove. Model pictured uses my mountaineer body (no need to reinvent the wheel)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

planning to do a mod (hilux on cc01) 7 years 2 months ago #42421

Maybe have a look over at rccrawler.com I think there might be some who did similar and made their own chassis with the DF/TA gearboxes

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.