Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Buggy Champ & Aluminium Upgrades. 8 years 3 weeks ago #37535

I've got the re-released Tamiya Buggy Champ kit plus all of the aluminium hop ups I could get for it that are made for that chassis. I also found a full new XB build body with the two extra spotlights. Was going to use the other body set to do a custom paint & graphics. Was supposed to be a father & son creation but he had other ideas for his first decent buggy. This has sat in the hidden away in the hobby room & I can't see it going much further. Just be aware there's a lot of money in this kit & upgrade parts. I had pinched the wheels, bots & nuts to use on another buggy. But decided after removing them from their parts tree not to use them. They're all there still in the kit along with a set of billet aluminium one piece rims. There's a fair bit of gear included that won't all fit into the buggy box so the shipping will not be cheap. Open to offers but low ball amounts will be ignored, hopefully people aren't like that here.

Edit: here's the original description I made for a NZ auction site.

2009 TAMIYA BUGGY CHAMP WITH CUSTOM UPGRADES.

Description:

The prominent figure of the R/C car boom was the Buggy Champ which was first released in 1979 (then called the Rough Rider). Tamiya is now proud to re-release the Buggy Champ to celebrate the car's 30thyear anniversary. The chassis has been finely tuned while maintaining the original features of the chassis such as the unique front double trailing arms and rear torsion suspension.R/C fans' hearts will definitely race when they see the nostalgic form and relive the dynamic performance of this machine.
Specs and Features:

This is a 1/10 R/C assembly kit.
Length: 400mm-Full ball bearings.
type 540 motor included.
Comes loaded with many top quality parts for improved performance such as:
A duralumin plate reinforced 2mm thick FRP main frame.
Die-cast front and rear suspension arms, front axle, and wheel hubs have been newlydesigned for this re-release.
Clear transparent waterproof case protects the R/C mechanisms.
Reinforced front uprights.
Redesigned oil dampers.
Comes in the same original blister pack style packaging.
White plastic easy-to-paint body included.
Requires TS paints
Can be used with separately available LF1100-6.6V Racing Pack (Item 55105) which isspecifically made for this machine.

This set comes with the following upgrades:

1. Tamiya TEU-105BK ESC.
2. RPM Custom Chrome Wheel Nuts.
3.Full ball bearing set.
4. Custom aluminium nerf bar set.
5. Full stainless steel set (bolts, nuts etc).
6. Front aluminium bumper set.
7.Rear aluminium roll guard set.
8. Billet aluminium full rims.
9. Radshape RC aluminium long chassis guard.
10. Tamiya Buggy Champ ball differential set.
11. Tamiya XB pre-painted body set with spotlights.
My other car is a Tamiya - bumper sticker on my van

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by rcmadkiwi.

Tamiya Buggy Champ & Aluminium Upgrades. 8 years 3 weeks ago #37538

If you could post some pictures of all the upgrade parts for people to see what they would be making an offer for, This would help :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Tamiya Buggy Champ & Aluminium Upgrades. 8 years 3 weeks ago #37556

If you could post some pictures of all the upgrade parts for people to see what they would be making an offer for, This would help :)

Your post reminds me that I wrote up a proper description of it all as I was thinking about putting it on a NZ auction site. Will have to find it & put it in the first post of this thread. I'm often at work when I come here if things are quiet & that rarely happens at home. But will try to take the pictures if I get the opportunity but cannot promise anything quickly unless I find something already done.

Tamiya Buggy Champ & Aluminium Upgrades. 8 years 2 weeks ago #37655

I'd also consider trading this for vintage or re-release Tamiya shelf queen or excellent condition buggies. I'd really like another Avante as I wish I never sold the one I had & only sold it because someone offered me too much for it. :dry:

Tamiya Buggy Champ & Aluminium Upgrades. 8 years 1 week ago #37900

The Kyosho Optima buggy has now been re-released & it's something I'd really like. Therefore I'd trade the Tamiya Buggy Champ kit (without the upgrades) for either a new build (has to be box art) or NIB rere Kyosho Optima. I never thought they'd redo this set & it's something I'd like use.

Tamiya Buggy Champ & Aluminium Upgrades. 6 years 9 months ago #44877

Are currently building an Optima 2016 kit & if this is still here this will be next although ideally I'd prefer that it sold. Here's the upgrade pictures, I finally know how to post them.

Last edit: by rcmadkiwi.

Tamiya Buggy Champ & Aluminium Upgrades. 6 years 9 months ago #44970

Once the Optima is finished & I've painted a few body shells if this doesn't sell I will have to put it together myself.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.