Keyword

TOPIC:

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19061

That's what happens if you mount a Celica body on a Monster Beetle chassis & combine it with a glass of water on a lino floor.
Bit of a shame really, it's all that's left of my CS I bought for 5 quid back in 80-something
- broke it up just to retrieve the bearings (Ballraces were expensive back then). Oh, still got the box too!
Body also spent some time on one of my SRBs & the Rock-n-City too I think...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19066

:laugh:
A Survivor!
Next stage: grave digger :silly:

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19118

Hello there :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19119

Why does this have to be in the US :cry: I would like a MB :S :cry:

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19122

MBs are not cheap and, as i now know and johnny retro wrotes in his build-thread, not very nice.
There are so many weak points in the chassis... It's nice to have it in the shelf but not to drive.
Gear box is crap, rear axle drive is weak, the whole chassis isn't stable, the dampers cracks at many points and you have to spend a lot of money to make it thicker (Team CRP, etc..) :whistle:
But if you have it stable, a MB is a lot of fun!

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19123

I don't think I was that scathing about the Monster Beetle, IMO it's not really any worse than other Tamiya cars, the only truly boneheaded design is the way the front bumper will hit the lightbar & break the tabs off the nosecone at the slightest knock.

My "problem" with my boxart car is that is was massively misdescribed when I bought it, and though I should blame the seller, somewhat irrationally that feeling spills over to the car itself.

As for the orange & green bitsa, dodgy driveshafts were due to wear and/or abuse, the broken gear was down to being soaked in the wrogn sort of grease for decades.

I'm indifferent about the Monster Beetle, but it does have lots of fans.

:)

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19124

Another "interesting" find on ebay - I like the idea, but it hasn't been executed that well ... and it seems to be missing a set of wheels :whistle:

:)

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19127

but it does have lots of fans.:)

Well i'm actually a big MB fan. Maybe because my first RC car was a Monster Beetle paid with my pocket money and with the small jobs i had during my school period.
I must say that i had lot's of fun driving it, yes the MB has a few weak points but it's part of his history.
I'm still having lot's of fun driving my MB around.
This is just to say that MB are very special to me and i respect everyone's opinion about that.
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19137

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the 7 minutes of playing with mine before I destroyed it (Lino & water was obviously far harder terrain than it could handle) & I loved the "presence" of the thing, but a piece of good engineering, it is not. The car is a lash-up & it shows.
Real shame cos it could've been absolutely fantastic if a bit of thought had gone into it & some heftier parts used that were up to the job in hand.

A re-re based on the Wild Dagger chassis or something similar to the TLT would've been the way to go I think

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19162

I would like to have a Mud Blaster to go with my bf 1 day and a mb too :whistle:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.