This Tamiya radio control model replica recreates the 1997 Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR. The model was originally released as Item 58214 on the TA-03R chassis. This release sees the classic race car body mounted on the proven and beginner friendly TT-01 Type-E chassis! The actual car was powered by a behemoth 6-liter V12 engine. In 1997 it had a highly successful FIA GT Championship season, taking six wins in eleven races on its way to the team (AMG-Mercedes) and driver championships.
• Lightweight and durable polycarbonate body.
• Separate molded parts recreate wing, spoiler and side mirrors.
• Stickers are included to recreate markings, with window masking stickers to help during the painting process.
• Silver wheels are paired with racing slick tires.
• The TT-01 Type-E chassis features shaft-driven 4WD for easy handling, and great customization.
• A wide range of Hop-Up Option parts is available to tune the chassis.
• Includes 540 Torque-Tuned motor.
• Includes: Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (electronic speed control) Capable of running sensor brushless motors and brushed motors alike. (21.5 Turn BL motor limit) (23 Turn brushed motor limit)
• Required Items: 2-channel radio, steering servo, 7.2volt battery pack with compatible charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
The model was reissued at the end of 2021
All parts according to Tamiya Guide books, Tamiya manuals and Tamiya parts listings.