This kit was released again July 15th 2023, at a price of 15000 yen.
Tamiya welcomes back the 1/10 R/C 1990 Mercedes-Benz C 11 kit which was released as Item 58088 in 1990 and Item 58351 (finished body) in 2004. Although it’s been about 18 years since the last release, this model is still popular among R/C fans because of its rich racing history heritage!
About the Mercedes-Benz C11
The Mercedes-Benz C11 is a Group C prototype race car introduced for the 1990 World Sports-Prototype Championship. Built by Sauber as a successor to the Sauber C9, the C11 used the same Mercedes-Benz M119 5.0L twin turbo V8. It was the first time that Mercedes-Benz chose to put their name on the car, instead of simply using Sauber.
• Body and large rear wing are made from 1mm thick polycarbonate.
• Composite chassis features ABS resin bathtub with front and rear space frames and FRP plates.
• Direct drive 2WD chassis transmits motor power directly to spur gear.
• 3-point suspension setup places the rear gearbox on a CVA oil-dampened T-bar. Ground clearance is adjustable (front: 2 settings, rear: 3 settings) according to running surfaces.
• Features ball differential and high-grip foam sponge tires.
• RS-540 Sport Tuned Motor included.
• Requires: 2-channel radio, steering servo, ESC, 7.2volt battery with charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
All parts according to Tamiya Guide books, Tamiya manuals and Tamiya parts listings.
58088 Mercedes-Benz C11
06 Nov 1990