Our fun G6-01 chassis has seen some fun fictitious 6-wheelers and some real-life vehicle inspirations in the form of a school bus and semi-truck. This truck recreates a subject in the form of a working vehicle: Volvo’s A60 hauler. The actual vehicle is a revolutionary design, offering exceptional flexibility and mobility as well as the sheer strength required to haul loads in quarries and other similarly grueling workplaces.
The fun G6-01 chassis is based around a tough, slimline monocoque frame and offers excellent off-road performance thanks to a 6-wheel drive system. Power is provided by a motor behind the front wheels, and transmitted to front, center and rear wheels via gears. The gearbox is sealed to protect from dust and debris and integrated into the frame; it has built-in front, center and rear differential gears to provide smooth cornering. 6-wheel double wishbone suspension is fitted with friction dampers. A 2-piece steering tie-rod setup utilizes the servo on the left for excellent response. With suspension reassembly and a separately-sold transmitter with 4WS function and R/C equipment, the rear wheels can be made steerable.
• Polycarbonate cab and molded ABS plastic bed components. The cab component is pre-painted in yellow.
• The bed can be moved manually between flat and raised positions.
• Yellow deep-dish wheels are paired with 115mm lug pattern spike tires.
• Stickers are included to recreate details such as front grille, air inlets, headlights, and logos.
• 6WD platform with a gear-driven powertrain, triple differentials, double-wishbone suspension and a tough monocoque frame.
• Chassis parts are molded in yellow.
• The G6-01 can be converted to 4-wheel steering with reassembly of the suspension and a separately sold transmitter with 4WS function and R/C equipment.
• A range of Hop-Up Option parts is available.
• Requires: 2-channel Radio, standard size servo, ESC, 7.2-7.4volt battery pack & compatible charger.
All parts according to Tamiya Guide books, Tamiya manuals and Tamiya parts listings.