Note: Although Tamiya Japan currently (Aug 2023) lists this as pre-.painted, I believe it's not since the 47496 is the same model and announced to be pre-painted.
This R/C model assembly kit recreates the Porsche 911 GT3 (992) with a stunning and highly detailed polycarbonate body. The kit is based on the beginner friendly and highly customizable TT-02 chassis. The full-size 7th generation model, Porsche 911 GT3 features double-wishbone front suspension – changed from MacPherson strut – and a horizontally opposed 6-cylinder engine. Lightweight components and aerodynamic design extensively improved its performance. Carbon fiber reinforced plastic front hood, which was employed for production vehicles for the first time, gives lightweight design. Also, hanging type wing stay supply greater downforce and lower drag.
Adaptable TT-02 Chassis offers balanced shaft driven 4WD
The shaft driven 4WD TT-02 chassis employs a longitudinal layout with the battery on the left and the motor on the right, to offer excellent stability. In addition, it features identical left and right suspension arms and uprights for ease of assembly, plus easy-to-maintain gearboxes. It is a highly adaptable chassis, as it offers 2 different wheelbases, 2 ground clearance settings and 2 tread set-ups in addition to a range of 10 possible gear ratios. It is not short on looks either, with brake disc-shaped wheel hubs and stylish front bumper supports. Mesh-type wheels are paired with racing slick tires.
• Lightweight, durable polycarbonate body with separate polycarbonate rear wing and light cases.
• Separate plastic parts molded in black realistically depict side mirrors and wing stays.
• The model uses the shaft-driven 4WD TT-02 chassis which features superior adaptability and stability.
• Dark gun metal color spoke wheels are paired with racing radial tires.
• Includes ESC and motor.
• Comes with trim detail stickers and window masking tape for use in the paint process.
• Requires 2-channel radio, steering servo, 7.2-7.4volt battery with compatible charger and Tamiya PS paint to complete.
All parts according to Tamiya Guide books, Tamiya manuals and Tamiya parts listings.