Keyword

TOPIC:

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #33998

My plans for the Blackfoot may go against what "traditionalists" prefer but I wanted a vehicle which will become every day "streeter" so I would like to ensure it has all strong parts. This "may" include a vintage thorp drive system and a whole lot of replacement parts in Aluminium. I will still bring the others out to play with, especially when the Grand Daughters are visiting but just as a "weekender" or casual driver.

The Neo Falcon, Alfa Romeo and at this stage the Super stock Losi Buggy will be used by the girls to hone their driving skills both off road and on.

Cheers Vincenzo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #34004

Re-release Brat/Frog dog bones & cups are an alternative to Thorp parts, as is the recent Frog Universal driveshaft set (part # 53908). I have this set on my Blackfoot now, but its only had one run (on a Monster Beetle) so I can't really comment on performance. Drilling/tapping the outdrives (& screwing/threadlocking) has also been done to stop the diff expanding under power.

TBH I would think the best mods you could make would be bearings, oil shocks & a sympathetic driving style, and only replace parts if they break :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Vincenzo

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #34007

My plans for the Blackfoot may go against what "traditionalists" prefer but I wanted a vehicle which will become every day "streeter" so I would like to ensure it has all strong parts. This "may" include a vintage thorp drive system and a whole lot of replacement parts in Aluminium. I will still bring the others out to play with, especially when the Grand Daughters are visiting but just as a "weekender" or casual driver.

Here's my take on a Blackfoot runner - vintage Traxxas Stampede chassis with Blackfoot body. Handles much better than a BF, is almost indestructable and parts are easily available, but still keeps the Tamiya looks.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #34009

Well, if we're going in a "silly things to do to a Blackfoot" direction ...

:D
Attachments:

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #34011

Well, if we're going in a "silly things to do to a Blackfoot" direction ...

:D

I read / watched this and was totally amazed. I had never thought of using a tamiya vehicle as the basis of a scratch built and one with such amazing end results.

Cheers Vincenzo

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.