Keyword

TOPIC:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 5 months ago #36044

I have a adds panel on the middle of the main topic page. I have IE. :angry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 5 months ago #36046

Sorry if the ads are annoying, that's not the intention...
First, yes, I'v added Google Adsense ads to the site. (only way I know to recoup some of the running costs)
I have noticed a slightly longer load time, but the ads are always the last to load, so unless you are staring at the swirling "load icon" you should not notice any difference.

Let me know here if you still see these things.

I am working on getting rid of the irrelevant ads. This will take some time as Google will ned to index all the pages with ads in order to find key words and then more relevant ads.

Recommendations:
"Nobody" recommends running IE as your browser...
Keep your brower (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) updated.
For ad-blocking, here is some interesting reading . :evil:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 5 months ago #36047

I have a adds panel on the middle of the main topic page. I have IE. :angry:

That's where I've placed one of them, yes.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 5 months ago #36048

One more thing:
The "big" ads you see have content 100% selected by Google. Some of you will recognise the add content from your latest Google searches (I know I do) or from whatever info Google has collected on you, others will get content based on whoever Google thinks visits this site.

I have some means of limiting the add content, but nothing 100%, and it will take time to adjust.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 5 months ago #36055

pfewwww! I though that it was a pirat adds banner
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 5 months ago #36058

yes, I'v added Google Adsense ads to the site. (only way I know to recoup some of the running costs)

I had a feeling when I noticed them that this was the case ;) Fair enough to :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 5 months ago #36059

One more thing:
The "big" ads you see have content 100% selected by Google. Some of you will recognise the add content from your latest Google searches (I know I do) or from whatever info Google has collected on you, others will get content based on whoever Google thinks visits this site.

I have some means of limiting the add content, but nothing 100%, and it will take time to adjust.

Well this explains the RC, Music & Motorcycle content :P But not the ads for Asian/Russian/where ever dating sites :laugh: :laugh: I have enough on my hands with a Spanish wife :laugh: :laugh:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 5 months ago #36062

Hey Lars, When I'm looking at my profile the map with my location has no image?

Correct, I've removed Australia from the map...

No, no, I haven't, promise :-)

I'll look into it.

So no joy with this? I wonder if it has something to do with the paid member and free member plan settings? Just a thought :)

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 5 months ago #36066

Hey Lars, When I'm looking at my profile the map with my location has no image?

Correct, I've removed Australia from the map...

No, no, I haven't, promise :-)

I'll look into it.

So no joy with this? I wonder if it has something to do with the paid member and free member plan settings? Just a thought :)

A little progress, but no solution.
It looks like the component I use for the map is outdated wrt Google Map updates, and a new one is not available...

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 5 months ago #36071

I understood why the ads were showing up, nothing against trying to get some running cost back. ;)

Just the way it's implemented shouldn't keep the browser busy indefinitely when it can't connect to the script. That would mean for myself to allow googlesyndication each time I land here - or globally altogether (which I'm really not planning on).

I'll always be getting the generic ads by the way because I've disabled tracking with Google itself as well.

Last edit: by Edou.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.