Keyword

TOPIC:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 3 months ago #36484

Is it just me, or has the speed increased during the weekend?
It's not so bad for me atm, without having done exact measurements.
-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 3 months ago #36486

Going up and down here. Actually not great at the moment, logging in took a long time.

FYI, check out these guys ... recent machines, a whole range of possible dedicated or VPS options and an "obligated" term of only a month. And better prices than I found anywhere. Can't say anything about the service or their level of communication though. Not much use googling them by the way, there's some reviews from a long while back when the VPS software they used turned out to have a zero day. All systems using it anywhere were (potentially) affected globally. I do believe there's a different, more innovative reign now.

Last edit: by Edou.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 3 months ago #36487

Going up and down here. Actually not great at the moment, logging in took a long time.

FYI, check out these guys ... recent machines, a whole range of possible dedicated or VPS options and an "obligated" term of only a month. And better prices than I found anywhere. Can't say anything about the service or their level of communication though. Not much use googling them by the way, there's some reviews from a long while back when the VPS software they used turned out to have a zero day. All systems using it anywhere were (potentially) affected globally. I do believe there's a different, more innovative reign now.

I agree, speed varies a lot.
I'll look into host1plus. I'm also looking at Wiredtree,com and dreamhost.com.
-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 3 months ago #36488

Bluehost was another one that caught my attention when I was looking around...
I think you have a lot more choice (and less funds flowing away) than last time you switched to dedicated in any case.

Lol, the ads are working. Just had a look at serverpronto.com (with googlesyndication enabled) and promptly got a coupon offered here.

:lol:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 3 months ago #36490

IDK what service level guarantees were made that made you switch servers, all I can say is they sold you a crock :angry:

This is my experience 0930 - 0945 this morning:

logging in - 36s
recent posts page - 35s, 30s
viewing thread - 37s, 27s, error* at 45s, 34s
openig reply page - 29s
posting reply - error** after 3s, 59s

* Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Could not connect to MySQL.' in /home/admin/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:169 Stack trace: #0 /home/admin/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php(391): JDatabaseDriverMysqli->connect() #1 /home/admin/public_html/libraries/joomla/table/table.php(241): JDatabaseDriverMysqli->getTableColumns('#__template_sty...', false) #2 /home/admin/public_html/libraries/joomla/table/table.php(162): JTable->getFields() #3 /home/admin/public_html/administrator/components/com_templates/tables/style.php(30): JTable->__construct('#__template_sty...', 'id', Object(JDatabaseDriverMysqli)) #4 /home/admin/public_html/libraries/joomla/table/table.php(305): TemplatesTableStyle->__construct(Object(JDatabaseDriverMysqli)) #5 /home/admin/public_html/plugins/system/gantry/gantry.php(194): JTable::getInstance('Style', 'TemplatesTable', Array) #6 /home/admin/public_html/plugins/system/gantry/gantry.php(165): plgSystemGantry->getTable() #7 /home/admin in /home/admin/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 169

** Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 3 months ago #36491

IDK what service level guarantees were made that made you switch servers, all I can say is they sold you a crock :angry:

I agree.... The server is still with Hostgator and I moved to a VPS account recommended by themselves, based on the stats from the dedicated server I had. I have asked about how this could then happen... still waiting for reply.

I'm moving to another Host, so stay tuned.

-Lars

Last edit: by larbut.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 3 months ago #36492

:blink: Thatt's so hard to have a fluid server for everyone????. Respect Lars. I did never mind that it was so many problem. :y: :y: :y:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 3 months ago #36495

A PHP driven platform like Joomla or Wordpress needs a lot of computing power to run smoothly...
Imagine that many people will be hogging resources simultaneously at some point as well.
Actually, one of the best known sites on webdesign (using WP) has a forum that's often quite slow to render.
But the state of speed here at the moment is rather silly.

:blink:

Edit - wow, those Hostgator offers I just checked aren't from this era anymore. Two cores for $130? Get outta here!

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 3 months ago #36497

I've just got a new hosting account at Wiredtree. They have good reputation among the "hosting geeks" and is a relatively small independent company.
The server being set up just now probably has four times the power of the one we are currently on and has up-to-date tech specs.

I will let you know when we are ready to transfer, which typically means the site will be down for a day or do.

-Lars
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 3 months ago #36503

I just noticed the site is a (whole) lot faster when I'm not logged in...
Plus the fact that new posts don't update immediately on the front if that is the case.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.