Keyword

TOPIC:

Sand SRB + Brat + Holiday SRB 10 years 6 months ago #25866

Thanks for the pics it does seem to sit a lot better on the chassis like that :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sand SRB + Brat + Holiday SRB 9 years 1 month ago #33778

After applying the Paint to RMC body I still had some motivation left & since my Sabre parts haven't arrived :( I decided to Strip and clean the parts on this poor beastie :sick: Chassis is in good condition but had UV damage and although a run through the dishwasher :whistle: helped it's still visable :n: I'm not going to polish all the alloy on this but I am going to glass bead them, So while I'm at it I have another chassis piece I will do to see how it works/looks. The plan is just to make a nice clean runner out of it & I'll be using the clear body that came with my Brat re-re B)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Sand SRB + Brat + Holiday SRB 9 years 1 month ago #33788

Did you glass(sanding?) the plastic parts Andy?

Sand SRB + Brat + Holiday SRB 9 years 1 month ago #33808

Got up early this morning and have had a very productive day :) (even took the wife out for brunch :lol: ) Glass blasted the alloy parts and the chassis, The alloy came out good (as expected) with the chassis it just evened out the colour from the UV damage which is ok for this runner ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Sand SRB + Brat + Holiday SRB 9 years 1 month ago #33811

In between practice and qualifying for the F1 I cleaned polished and rebuilt the shocks :) Annoyingly the body mounts don't come with the horizontal brace :blink: Has anyone got a spare their willing to part with :P

Attachments:

Sand SRB + Brat + Holiday SRB 9 years 1 month ago #33812

It's not "supposed" to have one, but I don't see why you couldn't use a Monster Beetle one - maybe even upgrade.

Frame is a lot better, doesn't look too pitted after the beading.

:)

Sand SRB + Brat + Holiday SRB 9 years 1 month ago #33813

It's not "supposed" to have one, but I don't see why you couldn't use a Monster Beetle one - maybe even upgrade.

Frame is a lot better, doesn't look too pitted after the beading.

:)

:) The fact that the mounts have the facility to have 1 is what annoys ;)

Using the glass beads helped with the pitting, worth doing but not perfect :)

Sand SRB + Brat + Holiday SRB 9 years 1 month ago #33842

Been away for a couple of days for work but when I got home some bits had arrived :) The wife was out to the movies so I spent some time in the shop fitting the electric's & new hex hub + wheel/tyre combos :ohmy: I have modified the fronts with bearing carriers, little bit more to do on them but very happy with them :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Sand SRB + Brat + Holiday SRB 9 years 1 month ago #33844

I have modified the fronts with bearing carriers, little bit more to do on them but very happy with them :)

Show us please. NOW!

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Sand SRB + Brat + Holiday SRB 9 years 1 month ago #33853

I have modified the fronts with bearing carriers, little bit more to do on them but very happy with them :)

Show us please. NOW!

Sorry Martin, I'm away for work again :pinch: When I do the final assembly of the fronts I'll take some more pic's of what I did :y: hopefully on the weekend :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.