coming up 58086 Toyota Hilux Monster Racer resto! 11 years 6 days ago #20974

"Tamiya Racing Balloon Tire"? I don't think I've seen thoses before :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

coming up 58086 Toyota Hilux Monster Racer resto! 11 years 6 days ago #20977

:P
me to. I didn't think that tamiya had slick tires for big wheeles :y:

coming up 58086 Toyota Hilux Monster Racer resto! 11 years 6 days ago #20979

All three different tire models for the hilux and king cab I got are called that, the ribbed, the one with the nobs and the slicks.
Would have been a nice tire selection for Willy. Still not sure if the slicks are custom made, they look to good to have been grind down nobbed ones.

Last edit: by waterbok.

coming up 58086 Toyota Hilux Monster Racer resto! 10 years 11 months ago #21487

So the tire were pretty hard for their age, so I had them in peanut oil for a couple of days.
Now they are nice and smooth. :)

coming up 58086 Toyota Hilux Monster Racer resto! 10 years 11 months ago #21488

Yeah, those front wheels are very rare! I've also had problems to find a pair for my blackfoot.
Now i'm using those from the lunchbox re-re. smaller but with more width than the original ones.
Btw, why do you want to use slicks on this fat truck? I've got huge problems to get the BF forward 'cause of too many torque on the wheels and less grip. Got a hint? do i have to put spikes onto it or other wheels? Those one fmo the lunchbox are very slippy.

coming up 58086 Toyota Hilux Monster Racer resto! 10 years 11 months ago #21489

no purpose for the slicks they came with the car. ;)
they look nice on it though, they are grind down reartires (you just can see where the spikes were if the light is right. the previous owner did a nice job on those)

the peanut oil made the tires so flexible I will need insert in them.

did you glue the BF tires to the rims?

coming up 58086 Toyota Hilux Monster Racer resto! 10 years 11 months ago #21491

did you glue the BF tires to the rims?

No, but i don't think that this would fix the problem. Maybe the original BF Tires is better than the one from the lunchbox.

coming up 58086 Toyota Hilux Monster Racer resto! 10 years 11 months ago #21493

On my lunchy I puted MB wheeles gold plated rims. A little bigger and better tires.

coming up 58086 Toyota Hilux Monster Racer resto! 10 years 11 months ago #21495

On my lunchy I puted MB wheeles gold plated rims. A little bigger and better tires.

Yeah, the tires have better quality but i wanted to have those extrawidth tires of the lunchbox :(
The bf is more a monster truck with them. I have to get other tires fitting on lunchbox rims.

coming up 58086 Toyota Hilux Monster Racer resto! 10 years 11 months ago #21500

Good luck boy.

I know that in 80's, 90's , it was a 6x6 kit for the bullhead with double tractor wheeles wich were inflated on aloy rims. It was an amazing kit. The wheeles were larger than the clod ones.
Impossible for me to refind the article. It was an american upgrade kit, very expensive too :cry:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.