Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 3 months ago #33165

Few last bits of construction:
- fixtures for bolting the tank to the load bed;
- rear body mount (not as symmetrical as I would have liked but the way it locates is very positive :y:);
- and front wheel arch inners Dremmelled back half way.

Part count is now 1,003 :)

Not doing a snorkel as neither my 1:32, game, nor blueprint sources have one :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 3 months ago #33195

Nice work on the rear body mount!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 2 months ago #33241

More bits from Seidel ... Hummer/Unimog wheels will replace the inappropriate fake alloys currently on my Unimog, chassis from the Freelander kit will be built up with the other set of Hummer wheels & some spare regular tyres, and will be the basis for my Morris Quad (whenever I get to that), I haven't quite worked out what scale that will be so the 4x4 driver won't necessarily be in the driving seat.

I think these wheels look better (or at least they will do, once painting/detailing/weathering is complete ...

That didn't take long :whistle:

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 2 months ago #33243

:y: perfect wheeles Jonny. heavy duty rims :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 2 months ago #33245

Wow :woohoo: This looks awesome JR :y:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Dam

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 2 months ago #33246

:laugh: I'm sure that Jonny is a tamiya spy and he makes lovely prototypes to see if it will be apreciated by customers before make new models :evil: :silly: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonny Your productions are too awesome.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 2 months ago #33340

A pair of Etronix 50T "Sport Tuned" motors arrived today - 14 GBP each, + post.

TBH initial impressions are not that favourable, the decals are peeling & though there are power leads with bullet connectors, the other ends are just tinned so the motor can't be used straight out of the box :unsure:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 2 months ago #33341

Had a bit of a fiddle, these motor actually see to be pretty high spec for the money - so I think I can forgive them for not being connected up ready to go...

The motors have a rotation direction specified, and although I wondered if they might be running a bit retarded, a closer look it's actually (and surprisingly) showed a few degrees of advance - confirmed by a higher pitch sound (so a bit faster) in the "correct" direction compared to reverse.

I do have to say that one sounded decidedly less healthy than the other - even before I dismantled one. I'll try a drop of oil & a bit of running in.

They are fully dismantleable (and therefore rebuildable, bushes & springs are apparently available), have ballraces as standard, and the timing can be adjusted. Assuming this is also the case across the rest of the range (13,14,17,19,21,27,35,45,50,60 & 70T variants) this could come in very handy for dual motor cars such as the Clodbuster, which can be a problem due to one motor having to run backwards.

One fly in the ointment is the lack of timing marks on the can, and the slightly misleading pips on the endbell.

Connections were sorted evenly enough, the tabs were the expected 4.8mm so standard spade terminals can be used.

+ve
* cheaper (at UK retail prices) than even the best value Tamiya Hopup motor (the 27T/fixed advance "Sport Tuned" motor);
* variable timing;
* rebuildable;
* proper bearings;

-ve
* wires included but not attached (soldering or crimp terminals required);
* some concerns over quality/consistency;

:)
Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 2 months ago #33357

Waiting for a 17T one of these to arrive from Modelsport along with a few other bits.
Fancy a bit more pep in my TRX-3 :)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 2 months ago #33362

Decals peeled themselved off again overnight, I've ordered some clear waterproof tape to try & hold them on :whistle:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.