Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 3 weeks ago #37739

Modified a pair of new Scorcher fronts into something looking a bit more like old pressed steel wheels, these not screw together from behind:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 3 weeks ago #37776

I think I'm pretty much done with the caravan apart from paint ... fake interior cupboards etc:

... & soft furnishings - mattress, pillows & non-functional) roller blinds:

I'm still not convinced by the spare wheel, I've made a curvy base for it so it can be fixed with double sided tape rather than making holes now, that way I can balance it on after paint & see if I like it:

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 3 weeks ago #37777

I'd say ditch the spare wheel...
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 3 weeks ago #37780

I agree, it just looks wrong. I think it ought to have a spare of some description though, I'm wondering about a bare wheel/tyre under the chassis at the front.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 3 weeks ago #37781

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe even a smaller "lightweight" spare?

I agree, it just looks wrong. I think it ought to have a spare of some description though, I'm wondering about a bare wheel/tyre under the chassis at the front.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 2 weeks ago #37941

Got everything stripped down so I could start parting - but didn't get much done before the rainy season started :whistle:

I know you can't tell from the photo, but I've gone over the caravan parts with 2000 grit paper & the primer is now smooth with a capital SMOO ;)

Window glass parts have been given a very light coat of clear (1 part matt clear & 1 part clear + 2 parts thinners) at 15psi, I was going for more subtle this time but I think the effect will only show up once the whole thing is finished.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 2 weeks ago #37943

Maybe I've missed something, but why the clear on the windows?

Window glass parts have been given a very light coat of clear (1 part matt clear & 1 part clear + 2 parts thinners) at 15psi, I was going for more subtle this time but I think the effect will only show up once the whole thing is finished.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 2 weeks ago #37947

Maybe I've missed something, but why the clear on the windows?

To simulute schmutz around the edges, and to hightlight the swept area on the windscreen :)
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 1 week ago #38076

Got quite a bit of spraying done on Sunday - "Chrome Look" paint on the body, doors, sink, fridge & hotplate surround, Post Office van red on the chassis, matt black on the wheels (other bits are white primer) ... one of the doors did't come out that well but the surface is so fragile I don't know if it worth redoing it:

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 1 week ago #38077

The "chrome" looks spot on, not too shiny.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.