Keyword

TOPIC:

Tamiya "Restoration Oil" ? 11 years 9 months ago #11147

Check this out:

According to the listing it's been coated with "Tamiya Restoration oil" and reading between the lines (of Estuary English :whistle: ) has "dried out" and is "not oily". It still looks like someone has thrown a can of WD40 at it :sick:

If it's dry, it can only be ... clearcoat? :blink: ?

Either way - what the ... ? :ohmy:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya "Restoration Oil" ? 11 years 9 months ago #11155

Strange add, looks like he emptied a few cans of "restoration oil" on the wheels as well. :S

Re: Tamiya "Restoration Oil" ? 11 years 9 months ago #11173

Hahahaha..... aha.. hahahaha! I can't see my eyes are running so much, nearly crying! - scroll through the pics on the ad & get a load of this pillock boy-racer's ZORSTS on his car! WHAT?! Is he serious? I was sceptical seeing his "pride & joy" in the background of most of the pics (A "Look what I've got" statement), but those drainpipes on the back just finished me off....
I'll lay money that either (A) he's spotty & full of moo-jeet, or (B) if you pick up a can of Tamiya spray-lube & read the engrish small-print, it says "restoration oil" on it somewhere (No, I haven't checked).
Look at the pic where you can see the stuff smeared all over the MSC & servos etc - defiantely oil, definately sprayed on, very WD40-looking

Re: Tamiya "Restoration Oil" ? 11 years 9 months ago #11174

Cool, I typed (b) & got a smiley!

Re: Tamiya "Restoration Oil" ? 11 years 9 months ago #11179

It didn't even get passed the useless amount of front light pictures and oily tyres... :lol:
Restoration oil all over the place! And "subtlety" showing his ride is pretty desperate.
Maybe he could use some of that magic oil all over the interior of that.

Attachments:

Tamiya "Restoration Oil" ? 11 years 9 months ago #11180

I think it would burst into flames if the speed control would happen to arc just a little.

Re: Tamiya "Restoration Oil" ? 11 years 9 months ago #11182

Somebody has to ask the seller a question through ebay about the "restoration oil" ! :laugh:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Tamiya "Restoration Oil" ? 11 years 9 months ago #11184

ROFL i almost fel off my chair when i saw it!!! I really thought (no offence guys ;) )this must be in Poland or the UK :woohoo: :laugh: It's a really desperate sell if you ask me.
Well its good to have an laugh about a ebay sell once in a while... :P

Cheers, Bram

LOL Eddrick... drainpipes....good one :laugh:
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Last edit: by BramMeijer.

Re: Tamiya "Restoration Oil" ? 11 years 8 months ago #11197

When Dasbeermeister started to say smear oil all over it, I thought he'd beatem me to the suggestion of dousing the car in it & setting fire to it!
I'd go for the "Young Pole in UK" option, probably an only child, father has more money than sense - why on earth would you put a gull-wing door conversion on a poxy Fiesta (Or whatever it is) - must've cost a fortune to do that work

Re: Tamiya "Restoration Oil" ? 11 years 8 months ago #11199

Tis done....
It'll be interesting to see what he comes back with, IF he responds!

It's in London, UK, incidentally (Figures....)
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.