Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

RC Car Stand 6 years 11 months ago #44832

Do you use a RC car stand to build your car or truck? I have three of them. The Black & Decker is still my favourite one. The round one is the second which I built myself. The base is a cast iron flange bearing. The worst of the three is the TFL which is too lightweight and not really stable. The turntable is attached to a bolt that goes up or down when it turns and it will stop turning when the bolt thread is at the bottom.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by yellowcat.

RC Car Stand 6 years 11 months ago #44833

My rc are built on the living table and my legs and my statics on the table. I had my own stand but no more since I changed home.
But I am thinking to use my lidl workmate with a larger upper plate and my mini rioby on it.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

RC Car Stand 6 years 11 months ago #44835

I just don't see the point, if I need to elevate a chassis a few inches or rotate it I can do it by hand, and it's not as if anything (like 1:1 exhausts, brake & fuel lines, brake discs) is going to get damaged by sitting on the bench ...

If someone wants to play "garages" while building/maintaining an RC car then fine - but surely scale trolley jacks, axle stands or even a 2/4 post lift would be better? ;)

RC Car Stand 6 years 11 months ago #44836

:D you're right Jonny. I use a support when I buid my scales for example when I had painted a «big» surface and to avoid to paint my table.

RC Car Stand 6 years 11 months ago #44839

That's great if you don't need one. I use it for my 1/8 and 1/5 build.It makes work easier.

RC Car Stand 6 years 11 months ago #44848

1/5 cooooooolllll.

RC Car Stand 6 years 11 months ago #44849

I don't really see the point in them as they have never really been necessary to work on. I usually use mine for keeping my tires of the shelve and when washing motors as I just sit a jar next to the stand and drop it in. My stand is a piece of cardboard foundation tubing cut down. 2 dollars at any home fix it shop.
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!
Attachments:

RC Car Stand 6 years 11 months ago #44857

Actually I can think of a situation where a well designed car stand would be very useful - installing and testing electrics. it would have to be heavy and stable, or clamp down, and you couldn't rely on gravity or friction to hold the car down (vibration, inertial or CoG changes mean it could drop off & accelarate off across the bench), you'd need some sort of tie down, and adjustability front to rear and side to side ...

RC Car Stand 6 years 11 months ago #44858

True but the same could be said for a standalone motor tester... is there really ever been ANY situation in your RC world were you have said " badword I can't do that because I need a stand "?????? I surely never have.. .
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!

RC Car Stand 6 years 11 months ago #44859

Keep cool buddies. Everybody does how he wants.
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.