Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help identifying touring car tires 5 years 5 months ago #52554

I'm getting to the point where some of the stock tires on my touring cars are starting to wear out. For buggies, I can just check the manual and see what the part number is, then order some more. However for touring cars the manual doesn't say anything about which tires are used because a single manual is used for multiple models. The body manual doesn't help because it doesn't list the tire part numbers either. Most everything seems to be 24mm (except M-chassis), but the Tamiya website has a dizzying array of tires with no description. What does 60D mean? What's the difference between Type C compound and Type A compound? I find myself stumbling around in the dark using nothing but the pictures to try to identify replacement tires.

As an example, my 58484 is a NSX with a TB-03 chassis. The kit came with gold wheels and slick tires. The tires are now getting holes in them. Which to replace them?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help identifying touring car tires 5 years 5 months ago #52556

Hi Blakbird,

Although I cannot enlighten you in the details of touring car types, I do have a few sets here I can check out for comparison. Ie just maybe tell and show you what they look and feel like, maybe measurements.

I have the type A & B reenforced and from memory narrow 24.6mm.

Some of these are also going up for sale as I’m having a clear out.

The M chassis tyres are a lot smaller, for the Mini Cooper etc. Like you say there are a dizzying amount of choices even with those.

Maybe someone with more experience and can shed some light but happy to put up some pics?

Last edit: by Purple_rob.

Help identifying touring car tires 5 years 5 months ago #52557

I have the type A & B reenforced and from memory narrow 24.6mm.

Can you tell the difference between the Type A and Type B?

Help identifying touring car tires 5 years 5 months ago #52561

60D is the tall type tires for the M-chassis wheels.
They are used on the Beetle among others.

Help identifying touring car tires 5 years 5 months ago #52661

You could check out the your local Model DataBase , which has listing of parts for most models.
I'm assuming you meant 58424 for your NSX, if so the tyres are 51049:

tamiyabase.com/...8424-58424
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.

Help identifying touring car tires 5 years 5 months ago #52662

You could check out the your local Model DataBase , which has listing of parts for most models.

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed! The depth of the utility of the database knows no bounds. :y: Out of curiosity, where did you get the information for the database in the first place since neither the box nor instructions list the part number of those tires. I bought the set new but still was unable to find the tire part number anywhere within.

Help identifying touring car tires 5 years 5 months ago #52664

Out of curiosity, where did you get the information for the database in the first place since neither the box nor instructions list the part number of those tires. I bought the set new but still was unable to find the tire part number anywhere within.

Haha! That knowledge will come over time, patience you must have....

Help identifying touring car tires 5 years 5 months ago #52665

The plot thickens. I thought I would use my new found knowledge of the database to also find out what tires I need for my 58580 TB04 La Ferrari. The database says I need 50454 racing slicks but as you can see in my photo below, this car does not come with slicks.

Help identifying touring car tires 5 years 5 months ago #52669

The basis for the DataBase comes straight from Tamiya themselves. They have parts listings for all models available. :y: :)
-Lars

Out of curiosity, where did you get the information for the database in the first place since neither the box nor instructions list the part number of those tires. I bought the set new but still was unable to find the tire part number anywhere within.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Help identifying touring car tires 5 years 5 months ago #52670

Yep, that's one of the challenges. Tamiya often also lists optional parts for the models, so keeping an eye out is adviced.
In this case it looks like only the optional tyre is listed, but maybe the original tyre is 53214 ?

The plot thickens. I thought I would use my new found knowledge of the database to also find out what tires I need for my 58580 TB04 La Ferrari. The database says I need 50454 racing slicks but as you can see in my photo below, this car does not come with slicks.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.