Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TAMIYA lettering on 4-way box wrenches - when did it end? 2 years 2 weeks ago #71049

I had a look on my wrenches and I only found 5 stamped. But they are differents to. Some are thicker. And on the other, moukds are differents to. Better or less finished.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TAMIYA lettering on 4-way box wrenches - when did it end? 2 years 2 weeks ago #71050

Moulds marks on non stamped
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

TAMIYA lettering on 4-way box wrenches - when did it end? 2 years 2 weeks ago #71051

Sting, that's interesting, and it complicates things ...

All 8 (not a brag, just showing the size of my statistical pool ;) ) I would describe as "fat" wrenches, like the two on the left of your 1st photo, they have the chunkier lettering, and the cross pieces are also the same diameter as the "long" bits. This looks to be the same on AJBs wrench too.

Things tend to decrease in quality and amount of material used over time, but Tamiya tend to reinforce things over time, so ordinarily I'd think your 3 "thin" ones must be earlier.

However,  the (single) earlier double ended box wrench has fat lettering.

Your 3 can't be fakes, because who would bother to make the lettering finer on a copy? I don't suppose you can attribute them to particular cars? (It might narrow them to, IDK, cars imported into France, or QD cars?) 

The unmarked ones, that looks to be a pretty standard mix of other ones I have - completely unmarked and very well finished, ++ and --, still ok, + not so much, single minus - ones that look like they've been finished on a handy bit of concrete flooring :S 

The two O marks I think are ejection marks as they're the same on 99% of the 4-way wrenches I have.  
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

TAMIYA lettering on 4-way box wrenches - when did it end? 2 years 2 weeks ago #71053

Thanks Jonny. I only have a QD my mp wich hadn't the wrench. And the fat or thinner wrench, I can't attribuate to a model. Maybe for my early grasshopper, lunchy , clod and avante. They are my oldest built by my father. I don't remind if my madcap had a stamped one. 

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.