Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Need help finding new wheels and tires 12 years 7 months ago #3407

• jdawg
  • jdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
The diagrams for how to enter and exit a turn makes sense but I imagine it would be much harder to follow those lines on a track with lots of other cars in your way. I think drifting through a corner would be much more fun though.

I'm not familiar with the Wild One but if you can put 12mm hex adapters on then these wheels should fit. They are HPI 3031 Super Star wheels.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Need help finding new wheels and tires 12 years 7 months ago #3409

True that tactics might inspire to keep the corners closed but even at the later stages of the race, without any imminent "threats" around, the drivers kept the same lines... :huh:
Could be that's just proven to be fastest in RC.

@zephyrin - even with a hex adapter conversion, this exact set would not fit because the Thunder Dragon is a 4WD.
You'd need to get some matching "free rolling" front wheels. ;)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Need help finding new wheels and tires 12 years 7 months ago #3459

i belive the handling through the corners diagram is correct but if racing buggys its usually (not always ) on a outdoor track , which is usually including jumps and the weather conditions have a big effect i race on a custom built outdoor track made of astroturf , and i have raced for many years indoors as well as a rule the diagram is the best way for indoors , but with the competion from my own experiance that i race every sunday the cars all being brushless 6 turn + hammer it up the straight and apply the breaks at the last moment with drag on the wheels being applied via the brushless set up they cost it then punch it at the apex , drifting on the outdoor surface,s is feesable but this would be via the choice of grip you have ie tyres , th eindoor scene is differnt again when on carpet we would apply liquid to the sponge tyres to increase the grip and people would fall in line on the corners, about ten years ago i used to race mardave minis on a club still going were they race on wood and we put silicon on the wheels for grip .

also the turning circle is also dependent in my opion on the actual vehicle driven when i race my wild willy or black foot due to high center of gravity i will aproch the corners differntley to if i race my falcon or grashopper .

here is a picture of my trusty dt-01 taking the apex of smooth right hand sweeping bend with a small jump leading to a inclination before a 90 degress right hand band with the 12 turn maxed out i was not thinking about how to take the corner just stugling to keep the 6 turn rc-10s behind me as shown below
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.