Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Rothman's Porsche 956 MK5 rebuild - suggestions? 12 years 2 months ago #6855

Thanks Eddrick for the suggestion. I'm not quite sure as its getting a little too technical. I've got the original diff. gears, except some of the teeth are broken off the spur gear. Are you suggesting using a TL01 gear as a subtitute for MK05 transmission?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Rothman's Porsche 956 MK5 rebuild - suggestions? 12 years 2 months ago #6865

Rous, I'm no Tamiya boff, I'm just good at making stuff work & finding ways around the use of illusive parts...
1st off, I spotted the gears I think you want on Ebay UK - check the part numbers in the parts listings by model on TB, then see if they match what's on Ebay. Like Edou said, it's likely they were used on several different models. This would be the easiest fix.
If you don't get any joy from doing that, post some pics on here so I/we can see exactly what it is you need, & we'll go from there - the chances are the bits might be similar enough to something else that the 'something else' could be adapted to fit yours. If worst comes to worst, I'll ask for some measurements & see if we can come up with something that'll work, but using easy to source bits, like I did with my F2 (Worry about that if it comes to it). Where abouts in the world are you?

Re: Rothman's Porsche 956 MK5 rebuild - suggestions? 12 years 2 months ago #6868

Great suggestion. I'll check on Ebay UK. I see your point on adapting similar parts by doing some minimal shop work. I'm in the process of stripping down the car and cleaning parts, and seeing what can/cannot be salvaged. The gears are clearly chewed up badly.:( Lemme see if I can take some decent pix.

I'm located here in sunny southern California. Where are you?

Re: Rothman's Porsche 956 MK5 rebuild - suggestions? 12 years 2 months ago #6869

Good luck with that then!
Ha, I'm across the other side of the world in sunny Hilgay, UK... Shame really otherwise I might have suggested popping the bits over to see what could be done with them

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.