Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Calculating the specs for your electro motor 12 years 1 month ago #8163

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
A copy and paste from Rctech.net - it seems to be a 45T motor. :huh:

Mabuchi make (and made) many, many different versions of the 540 motor. Unfortunately since it is actually an industrial fractional hp dc motor, they are primarily classified by their output and consumption rather than the winds, which RC racers are more familiar with.

The coding schema used by Mabuchi is quite simple, and there are basically 3 types of motor that look very similar externally, and only their code number can identify them:

The RS-540SH series is the one typically used in RC car kits and this comes in 3 versions, the 5045, 8023 and the 6527 <I've also heard 5722>. Where the first 2 digits describe the wire diameter: 50 = .50mm etc and the last 2 digits the number or turns: 27 = 27T etc.

Very interesting subject matter... B)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Calculating the specs for your electro motor 12 years 1 month ago #8168

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
The number coding is news to me. But maybe not for y'all silvercan prodigies. :whistle: :lol:
I'm missing LB's input here! Dyno-man. ;)

Re: Calculating the specs for your electro motor 12 years 1 month ago #8173

• SID
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
If Tamiya has ever used the 5045 540 motor(which is a grey metal endbell version) it must have been a very long time ago but i doubt, because i emailed mabuchi for a couple of years ago and asked what type of motors my super clod came with - and the answer was 6527, also their rpm had a similar match with the 6527 540 motors at mabuchis website. I however dont have a clue how many turns the round sticker motor has.

Reasons for my doubts is because that the first mabuchi of this kind who had a grey metal endbell started to appear first in the twin detonator - earlier they had always included the black metal version(with a round sticker) in their kits.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.