Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re release Frog 11 years 11 months ago #10990

Gonna start building my re release frog soon that i got for my birthday in January. I wanted some of the parma style nerf bars for the side but dont have a lot of spare cash at the moment and was wondering if anyone knew where i could picj a set up cheaply. I was thinking of doing a thread on it when i start if anyone is interested? my camera isnt fantastic but it takes a good picture it might not be up to the usual quality on here.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Re release Frog 11 years 11 months ago #10999

Gonna start building my re release frog soon that i got for my birthday in January. I wanted some of the parma style nerf bars for the side but dont have a lot of spare cash at the moment and was wondering if anyone knew where i could picj a set up cheaply. I was thinking of doing a thread on it when i start if anyone is interested? my camera isnt fantastic but it takes a good picture it might not be up to the usual quality on here.

Thanks

I'd like to see that- I had a (2nd hand) Frog back in the day & built a re-re one something like 3 & a 1/2 years ago ... compared to the original, I found it surprisingly fast (maybe modern 540 motors have better magnets & therfore more torque?), the rear springs are far too hard, the metal antennas make crashes/rolls twice as bad, and the wing _still_ wing rips off at the base. There are also stickers for the roof/roll bars on the body - I painted them on instead but it was very fiddly :S

I guess my main tips for a build would be:
- mask/avoid the windscreen area; it's supposed to be clear,
- mask/avoid the base & a bit of the sides of the wing mounts if you're using Tamiya polycarbonate brush paints - I suspect the solvent softens the lexan.

:)

Re: Re release Frog 11 years 11 months ago #11007

this is the pic that planted the seed in my mind of nerf bars im not a fan of the paintjob i think kit scheme is better but i liked the nerf bars on it. they look like a set of hornet items? may be wrong but i wouldnt know where to get a set? any ideas?

Attachments:

Re: Re release Frog 11 years 11 months ago #11012

Those nerf bars look excellent. B)
Not sure if they're Parma. I saw a few other brands made them.
The Hornet-Grasshopper bar is a bit different though.
Your best shot at getting one might be to save a search result on eBay and get an update on new matches.
Or an add on one of the forums of course...

Re: Re release Frog 11 years 11 months ago #11031

....or have a go at making some? - B+Q usually have a rack with plastic, aluminium, brass & steel rod & tube (Round or square, lots of sizes).
I usually use Plastics Direct (Online store) for my needs - they're sensibly priced & are happy dealing with hobbyists as well as businesses, small quantities not a problem. For crash bars of any description, I'd go for polyethylene (HDPE/PE100) or polypropylene. The stuff welds well, is highly shock resistant & flexible, & less brittle than nylon

Re release Frog 11 years 11 months ago #11033

Theres a guy on eBay that has them and the front shock mounts. I have him saved as a favorite seller. When I get home I'll look him up.

Ok don't have to be home. Found it on my phone. Seller is rob101a. All he has right now is shock mounts. But usually has 2 different kinds of nerf bars for the frog chassis.

Last edit: by Dasbeermeister.

Re: Re release Frog 11 years 11 months ago #11041

Thanks for the tip :y: ill do a search for him :)

Re: Re release Frog 11 years 11 months ago #11042

That turned up gold i have emailed him regarding the nerf bars and he has feedback for selling them and i have viewed his previous sales pics and they look great.He also sells suspension conversion kits that look fantastic see pics:

Attachments:

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Re release Frog 11 years 11 months ago #11063

Trying to work out if that's an all-alloy chassis.... looks great!

Re release Frog 11 years 11 months ago #11066

Looks to be a metallic re-re chassis, but I can't remember if they did one for the frog, brat and so on.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.