Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Saturday afternoon 11 years 10 months ago #12193

Nah, mine's the Revere version, horrible thing, the 600's much better.
I've considered poking a holesaw through the frame for better plug access - sounds mad I know, but would be ok with some tube reinforcement welded in - the GS550's frame was pre-drilled & make the plug job sooo much easier

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Saturday afternoon 11 years 10 months ago #12195

Getting my bikes mixed up a little :laugh:

Revere was a bombproof bike thats why the despatch riders all had them back in the day.

Shaft drive too wasnt it? a nice bonus no more chain lubricating and adjustment B)

Engines are like cockroaches i have seen them with hyper mileage still running good.

Re: Saturday afternoon 11 years 10 months ago #12219

Yes, Revere was the dispatcher's favourite. The earlier 600s were really over-the-top refined & bombproof, but the later 650s (A bored out 600) were built in Brazil with loads of cost-saving modifications. They tend to feel "bendier" than the 600 & have a habit of wrecking 2nd gear & the associated selector fork & shaft. Basic same bottom end as the other NTVs though, except the chain driven ones run in reverse to the shaft driven (Or so I'm told). The 650 doesn't "breath" as well as the 600 either. It's got a bit more grunt but top speed is the same (About 110)& it always feels like it's restricted in some way. In my opinion they're geared too low too, but that seems the case with most Hondas - they'll pull 1-up, 2-up, headwind, tailwind, loaded, unloaded with no difference in top speed, but your mate's Yam is always faster!

Yep, shaft drive was the reason I bought it - my GSXR threw a chain a while back, which sawed through the back of the frame & smashed a casing, which was a bit of a wake-up call when I realised I'm getting a bit old for injury/mutilation of that kind!
Worse bikes I had for busting chains were my Honda H100 & my GPZ750 turbo (Running a 630 chain!)

Cockroach-wise, yeah, mine's got 84k on the clock, but it's on its 2nd engine & that lump is on its 2nd gearbox

Can't really complain about it though, it's never stranded me (yet), excellent 2-up, mega comfy no chain worries & does 65mpg - I'd much rather take that than the GSXR on a long haul!

Re: Saturday afternoon 11 years 10 months ago #12238

... swear this used to be an RC forum :whistle:

Re: Saturday afternoon 11 years 10 months ago #12243

Actually, we have a special topic for this. :lol:

Re: Saturday afternoon 11 years 10 months ago #12257

Sorry guys, got distracted! Mainly because I've spent far more of my life fixing/modifying/rebuilding bikes than messing about with toy cars (Or women for that matter)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.