Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

FINALLY A PORSCHE 959!!! 10 years 11 months ago #21234

Yesterday I met a guy who sold me this 1988 Porsche 959 Paris-Dakar. The chassis is perfect, no parts missing, no bends and cracks, just some scratches under it. The body was painted black and that will be a problem....also the drivers heads are missing. The other details are present. The headlights kit is missing too but I don't know if it came with the car or if it was optional...
I will post more photos on Friday when I'll have my pc, because now I'm whit the phone... Along with the car the guy gave me a Futaba Attack old radio, which transmitter is installed on the car, and a set of almost new slick tires, plus a box with some spares... The box is missing.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FINALLY A PORSCHE 959!!! 10 years 11 months ago #21236

Hi Lore,

Indeed that's a really nice car !
I got mine a few days ago for a very fair price...The chassis is just new built without any marks or scratches and fortunately i also got the complete box and manual. The only thing is that the drivers are missing and the body was painted in a ugly blue !
Anyway, as far as i could see on the notice, the headlights were delivered with the kit.

I will try to remove the paint from my body and let you know if my procedure worked..but it all depends on what paint type the previous owner used. Im actually trying to remove the paint from my Fox and it's a nightmare. Apparently the paint attacked badly the lexan body and i will see if it's comes out clear after a good polish, a restoring thread will follow soon about this.

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

FINALLY A PORSCHE 959!!! 10 years 11 months ago #21237

Thanks, any advice on removing the paint will be appreciated! The guy used normal Tamiya spray color...my only doubt is that after removing the paint, the body will look opaque right? How can I fix that? Thank you! Ps: I wonder what problem people has with box art colors.....meh...

FINALLY A PORSCHE 959!!! 10 years 11 months ago #21240

I know its not boxart but the black looks good :y:

FINALLY A PORSCHE 959!!! 10 years 11 months ago #21245

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I want one too :cry: :cry: :cry:
Very nice Lore
The following user(s) Liked this: Lore1989

FINALLY A PORSCHE 959!!! 10 years 11 months ago #21274

I think Team Blue Groove do body shells for these

Hay Ewe
The following user(s) Liked this: Lore1989

FINALLY A PORSCHE 959!!! 10 years 11 months ago #21276

I think Team Blue Groove do body shells for these

Hay Ewe

Yes they do ! But as my body is not dammaged (besides the ugly paint) i want to keep the original shell.

TBG does great repro bodies (lexan only i think) and the quality is really good. I can tell you this because i ordered one for the Celica Gr.B i'm restoring.

FINALLY A PORSCHE 959!!! 10 years 11 months ago #21334

I'm starting to think I'll need a new body instead....the guy made a mess with glue and stuff.... :angry:
For now I'm going to paint this one from the outside with box art colors and see how it comes out...then I may order a new body kit.
Ps: any advice on how to recreate decals? Do I need to buy an original sheet or is it possible to print them from the net somehow? Thanks.

FINALLY A PORSCHE 959!!! 10 years 11 months ago #21355

Ps: any advice on how to recreate decals? Do I need to buy an original sheet or is it possible to print them from the net somehow? Thanks.

The best way has got to be to get an original set ... do yu have a spare arm & leg you don't need? :S

Be very careful of the "repro" sets you see on ebay, they tend to be poorly printed, not colourfast, and boneheadedly printed on white vinyl, even if they should be (and claim to be) printed on clear.

Making your own is an option, either from salvaging the originals and making your own (see here for an example), or finding a decent quality scan of the originals to start from.
Printing white on clear just isn't possible at home, the "RACING" bits might be possible cut out of white vinyl, but the smaller bits you'll have to do without, or print with the right coloured background, which never looks as good :(

FINALLY A PORSCHE 959!!! 10 years 11 months ago #21357

The best way has got to be to get an original set ... do yu have a spare arm & leg you don't need? :S
or finding a decent quality scan of the originals to start from.
:(

I have an original 959 decal set i could scan for you if u need ! Just let me know

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.