Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

eBay Bargain 10 years 11 months ago #21817

Hi All,
Just got this off eBay for a great price. It will look good on the shelf next to the Mclaren. I think it is an F103 chassis but could well be wrong. Anyone got any other ideas, comes with a nice Jaguar XJR12 body too.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

eBay Bargain 10 years 11 months ago #21818

I was tempted by that too was so cheap looks like a good buy :y:

eBay Bargain 10 years 11 months ago #21827

Nice! I like the group-c class :) How much did you payed?

eBay Bargain 10 years 11 months ago #21830

It's an F103 alright. The Jag's shell (Group C, model 58092) would normally be 20mm too long but that was solved nicely. :y:
Rear wheels were cut where they really aren't supposed to be and the wing is closer to the shell than on a Group C.
Cool semi-vintage TRF damper too.

B)
The following user(s) Liked this: j1000r1

eBay Bargain 10 years 11 months ago #21831

Ah yeah! Only GT1 or Prototype class has F10X chassis. I didn't see this :)
I want to have one of these very low bodys for my ta05ifs :-/ Maybe a group-c/gt1/prototype fits on it. Ok, the Honda NSX is also low and a Super-GT but those ultralows are way cooler and the ifs chassis is very low.

eBay Bargain 10 years 11 months ago #21834

GT shells that were made to fit the F103 should also fit your TA05's wheelbase. :y:
And the short wheelbase Group Cs should come close too.
Have a look at track width as well though, 'cause the F103GT bodies for example are quite a bit narrower...

Last edit: by Edou.

eBay Bargain 10 years 11 months ago #21835

They don't fit because of the rear damper bridge. There exist some special IFS Bodys with very low front but the rear is higher than on gt1 and especially prototypes.

eBay Bargain 10 years 11 months ago #21843

I paid £26 for it which seems very cheap. I have noticed that vintage tamiya has got a lot cheaper recently although I think the best bargain was the Mad Bison for £35 and it looks nearly new.

I might well not keep the Jag body for the F103 as would like to have it as an f1 car again

eBay Bargain 10 years 11 months ago #21846

What are the keyword you guys are searching on eBay ;)?

eBay Bargain 10 years 11 months ago #21847

I don't use Keywords I just search for Radio Controlled>Cars>All but only search for Auctions not Buy it now and this normally gives about 4000 results then I look through and watch the stuff I am interested in. The trick as I see it is to let anything go when it stops being a bargain even if you really want it as there will always be another one in a few weeks. I have bought 4 Tamiya cars in the last few months and only spent £110 for all of them.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.