Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Avante 2001 12 years 5 months ago #4676

Just won this on Ebay guy had it listed as unknown and needing repair. Think i paid a little too much for it but its only 10 miles from me and i couldnt resist it.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Avante 2001 12 years 5 months ago #4677

:woohoo: ... So how much was it, if I may ask?

Re: Avante 2001 12 years 5 months ago #4678

:unsure: paid

Re: Avante 2001 12 years 5 months ago #4679

That's not too extreme I think. But I'm a bit biased with this car - like you are.
Only you already have two of them and I'm still Avante-less! ;)
Maybe I'll just fit a DF-03 body on my DF-01. :huh:
Hope to see your third specimen appear here soon. B)

Re: Avante 2001 12 years 5 months ago #4680

I have some close up pics of the car and it looks pretty immaculate. Its definitely more than i wanted to pay though i went a little ebay crazy. I may have to move a few cars on to justify this ones shelf space :(

Re: Avante 2001 12 years 5 months ago #4686

Doesn't seem a bad price to me ... Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of wonga - but it's not excessive for that car - I had a look on eBay & it doesn't look like it's one that comes up that often, one sold mid Novemeber for

Re: Avante 2001 12 years 5 months ago #4720

Collected this today and have spent this afternoon cleaning a lot of dust off the chassis thought you might like some pics as it stands. Thankfully all the electics are working fantastic and i have to say this is the first used Tamiya i have bought from Ebay that im very happy with.

This came with everything including the original box thats in lovely condition as well as packaging for all its radio gear etc and all the instruction books and all the spares etc from new including an unpainted driver and all the stickers required to complete him. The bodyshell has some slight paint rub off in small areas but is completely undamaged :cheer:

This looks like it was only ever run a few times as the underguard has only a few light scratches with a little work the bodywork will be excellent.

I asked the woman who was selling it how she came to have it as she knew NOTHING about rc and she told me it was left to her by someone who died in the family. Whoever it was they made a great job of building it it really is lovely.

I like the Futuba handset that came with this but the only minus is the battery terminal had some damage from previously leaked batteries and when i tried to clean it up the battery terminal broke off forcing me to use one of my own handsets to run it. I will attempt to repair it as although old it is a nice handset. Im hoping i can repair the terminal with some soldering?

Enjoy the pics :)

Attachments:

Re: Avante 2001 12 years 5 months ago #4724

Great catch. Very nice condition. I'm a bit envious here. ;) :cheer:

Re: Avante 2001 12 years 5 months ago #4730

Edou you should get yourself one they really are great and they have never been more affordable thanks in part to the re release i think. They seem to be coming down in terms of value i think.

This kit came fitted with the sport tuned motor and ball bearings so i dont neet to retro fit them like i normally do with my second hand buys.

Im thinking ill keep this one as a runner as it has a small amount of wear on its tyres already.

Re: Avante 2001 12 years 5 months ago #4749

I'm definitely considering selling some cars to get an Avante...
Would be great to run it. B)

Last edit: by Edou.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.