Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Brand New Spraygun 12 years 4 months ago #5805

I just picked up this spraygun from a local pawn shop for cheap. I'm super chaffed with the find... :laugh: Now I must just learn to use it. :blush:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Brand New Spraygun 12 years 4 months ago #5807

Do you know what brand is? And how much was it - if I may ask?
I'm anticipating on a Harder & Steenbeck but that'll take a lot of budget. :S
But once the RC voice starts whispering...

Re: Brand New Spraygun 12 years 4 months ago #5808

It's made by a company called AirCraft. I paid R200 about 20 Euros for it brand new still sealed, and I've just found this website:

www.aviationsho...tegory=855

And this is the one:

www.aviationsho...duct=11581

R630 about 63 Euros, what a bargain...

Re: Brand New Spraygun 12 years 4 months ago #5811

Can't miss for that price. :)

Re: Brand New Spraygun 12 years 4 months ago #5829

Woa, careful - there was a pile of chinese copies/liquidated stock etc of these turned up on Ebay last year, mostly marked "Frauline" mostly advertised for applying nail varnish, fake tan etc, but also marketted under "Silverline", "Hilka", "Nutool", "Sealey", "Blacksmith" etc. Not gonna slate them cos I bought one out of interest & they're actually quite good (The Chinese being fantastic at copying stuff). I paid 11GBP for mine, & it came with a proper hose & air filter/regulator unit. The "Real" version spares are directly compatible with it too. My only gripe I've had with it was it was supplied with a 0.2mm nozzle, which is ok for plain paint, but quickly blocks with flakes & metallics. The trick has also been to over-thin (1:10 vs 1:3) the paint for easier/more consistent application, & use of "High gloss" (Slow dry) thinners helps too. If I wasn't such a skinflint, I should buy a bigger nozzle for it really

Re: Brand New Spraygun 12 years 4 months ago #5831

Just had a quick look & couldn't find yours (Although I saw the same version when looking to buy mine) or mine, but this is a "for instance"
Attachments:

Re: Brand New Spraygun 12 years 4 months ago #5832

I located info on mine on a local site. Don't know anything about it though, I use my Dad's Badger from the 80's. So if you know of, or have any instructions for this type of spraygun, please mail it to me.

Re: Brand New Spraygun 12 years 4 months ago #5835

Incredible how they can make it for that price... :huh:

Re: Brand New Spraygun 12 years 4 months ago #5836

My gun is solid and heavy, compared to the plastic gun I bought for primer work. It weighs around 200 grams. It seems quite heavy for a gun.

Re: Brand New Spraygun 12 years 4 months ago #5838

I'll have to try and find the (Dutch) comment again but if I remember well, the Chinese copies are actually based on the previous generation of H&S airbrushes... at least the ones that Conrad sells. B)
'Aircraft' totally sounds like a brand from them...

Last edit: by Edou.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.