Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46242

And my body too :D ;)
I will see tonight if it is inside...

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46244

:cry: I was right...

So. It will be a runner probably or for spares... it needs tires and a body set :p
Attachments:

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46255

:) here is what I received with the fav and the manta ray.
A lot of ta05 ifs parts.
Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46264

The piece for collets arrived.
Thanks Sander
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46265

Little batch of 3D printed parts arrived from Shapeways. Left side is my own stuff.

Purfect

Bump

Fits
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly

Last edit: by waterbok.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46266

Mmmmmmmmmm. Beauties.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46267

Hi all :) Big day....
The Bruiser chassis has arrived!!
The box looked a bit squashed and you could tell there was a big lump moving about inside it when I picked it up off the counter but let’s wait till we look inside. …….

Not much packing in there and thanks to the new global stealing program ebay now wants an outside mailing service to kick it around for a couple of days too…:( . I was in contact with the seller, he had no idea how it worked and was a bit shocked as he watched it go from his home to the shipping center by mail then hung out there for a couple of days then back into the regular mail to be delivered to me….I guess that is what the extra 25% charge is for….handling….. And judging by the box top it got handled….:laugh:

So let’s pull it out….seems to be as advertised although it looks a bit shorter…hmmm :unsure: . The seller also threw in some extra bits he had around and yes the motor works too. BTW did the Mountaineer have a black chassis??? Manotas?? So that’s the good, it looks to be all there with a couple exceptions and it’s here :) now let’s have a better look….:P

The lack of height seems to be directly related to this…..
All of them are a bit flat so as we use to do in my old off roading days they will need to be re-arched, not a big deal….

The worst part is the wheels and tires :cry: , not that they are worn down just the rims are a bit chewed up all around and I don’t know why somebody decided to only glue 2 of the tires but they did and then it looks like someone tried to pry the rim loose and broke it…that’s some good glue.. … too bad…:cry:

On the funny side there seemed to be some confusion on how the thread lock was to be applied :laugh: …this may be a good thing when I take it apart later, I have always hated this stuff, have removed lots of it but had never seen it applied like this before…..

After that I went a bit further and learned some new stuff.....

I thought there was a major problem with the wheel hubs or axles :ohmy: ( never had a bruiser before) one on each axle would free wheel in one direction, then I did a quick manual check and learned….da, da…the Bruiser has one way hubs on the front! :whistle:

Honestly I did not know that, no really I didn't........ then I quickly figured out someone had just randomly stuck the wheels on and one front hub was on the back, in the end not one of the wheel/hub combos was in the right spot but once I put it right they were fine and work like they should. I opened the bottom cover to access the servos and such and just hooked up an old battery pack so I could manually run the speed controller and work the gear selector….everything seems to be fine, 2 wheel high, 2 wheel medium and 4 wheel low all good! :cheer: The axles are a bit floppy but that all seems to be due to worn bushings and bad assembly work on the knuckles. In fact most of the truck is on the loose side of things so disassembly will be easier I guess ….
And finally a picture for my friend Andyaus....

I just set the body shell on for now but the white is kind of nice…I might call it “Snowblind” (it’s a thing here in Canada, look it up ;) )
So that’s it for now. A quick look says I can get new wheels and tires So I should order them while I still can, the rest I will need to figure out, screws, bearings etc.….

I do need some help though; the biggest thing missing is the radius arms for the rear axle, they are just missing... screws and all. I was hoping the seller had them but he didn’t so I am looking for a pair. Anybody??? Help?? The part number is 19804599 ( re-re) I am sure I had a pair but I might have traded them off long ago… :whistle:

:angry: I also wanted to mention that it really grinds me when a seller doesn’t pack items taking into consideration the weight of the thing etc. It’s not the first time and I always find more damage is done by the item knocking about in the box than by anything penetrating the box, please do a better job people!!! More packing material!!!! Give a dam!!!! :angry:
OK sorry about that :ohmy: ……got off track there…..
So there it is warts and all, still a fairly good deal I think, I am happy……

So this one will be for me, a version of box art paint I think, on a body that is a combination of re-re and vintage parts and now I guess some more of the chassis will be too, but that’s fine with me, it’s a Bruiser, it’s MY Bruiser man B)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, VCR

Last edit: by oldwilly.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46268

Hey Willy you have it now. I am realy glad. It looks pretty. A set of ball bearings, a good cleaning and let's go. I can't help you with spares. Another saved 3 speed.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46269

And finally a picture for my friend Andyaus....

Very cool buddy, It is going to be a great restoration project :) Your welcome ;)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.