Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47301

Hey Purple Rob,
You sure you don't need that gearbox you just sold me back now? :laugh: :laugh:

Also wanted to say thanks its great and yes I can use the extras you added in, knew what they were as soon as I saw them. :)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47302

I also thought I would share some stuff that I got over the holiday season. A nice heavy little box arrived from Hobby King!

I was just starting a new XR311 project and during teardown I decided I really needed to make a hardware order. If you did not know they have a fairly good selection of metric hardware and at a good price too. I added in a few other things too, notice the 5mm shim sets in the upper middle area. I can't wait to try them out adding bearings to the XR ( yes, there will be a thread started soon) and I have been eyeing one of the 2.4 gigawiggle conversions for one of my favorite old Futaba radios and at $4 I threw in a couple of extra receivers as well :laugh: So cheap!!!

And for fun here is the radio setup, I have not actually tried it so I will report on that later too!!

And sadly, and much to my horror, I discovered that they will no longer mail batteries! (it was news to me) they will send by courier but the shipping is crazy and I could do better locally when you factor it all in. I even tried 1 AA size Nimh battery and the shipping was about $50 :ohmy: :ohmy:
So I have ordered a couple from aliexpress and will let you know if they arrive.
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Attachments:

Last edit: by oldwilly.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47309

Nice stuffes Willy. And the 2,4 conversion is very interesting.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47311

You’re welcome Willy. The body came up after I decided to sell the gearcase would you believe. I guess we can’t hold on to everything ha!

I’m going to have to source a chassis at some point but not yet, money will defo not allow after a succession of Countach bodies too. One of those nip must go soon too.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47333

Very fast shipment from Germany:

Thank you Uwe!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47339

You absolutely need a ta02sw. It is rereleased but has it mods with the original?

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47353

Absolutely love the Taisan, I had one from new around 1996 when they were released. I think it's the wheels that really top it off for me.

On another note and delivery today, THIS is the one I have waited a VERY long time to find...

I am super chuffed to add it too me Countach collection and along side the black NIP.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47358

It is rereleased but has it mods with the original?

I don't know to be honest, hence the 84399 TA02SW kit. I will try to track down an original 58172 chassis to compare.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47362

A delivery from MCI...
Now I can keep on going with my resto’s
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47363

They look great decals. I may be behind the curve but I found them recently on eBay. Guys seems good to talk to, helpful. How's the quality?

You've a nice range there mate.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.557 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.