Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47364

He is great, decal quality is good. And you got loads of options. He is very flexible and I supplied him with three sheets he didnt have and he did the conversion. His standard orange isnt the same as the Tamiya one though. I posted a comparison somewhere in the forum.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47366

So that his yellow not the orange

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47367

Ive got set of Hornet (58045) decals, among others on way to me from MCIracing, will be interesting to see how close the orange and yellows are, tho ive only got the ones on original body to compare with :y:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47368

They look great decals. I may be behind the curve but I found them recently on eBay. Guys seems good to talk to, helpful. How's the quality?

You've a nice range there mate.

Yes the quality looks pretty good in comparison to others. I’ll let you know when I put them on the bodies ...
The guys are nice to talk to, and it took only 4 days delivery to Switzerland. Great service
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47370

Only 4 days??? For France it's more 4 weeks... :(

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47373

Lower left is MCI standard yellow, top i think has MCI yellow sunflower, lower right original T
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly

Last edit: by waterbok.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47375

Only 4 days??? For France it's more 4 weeks... :(

Just checked the shipment notification...
Sorry not 4 days but 6.
Anyway, that’s really fast
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47376

:cry: France is closer than Switerland of the Canada... :D

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47377

Lower left is MCI standard yellow, top i think has MCI yellow sunflower, lower right original T

Looks like i might be alright with the hornet decals as the colours listed are sunflower yellow and yellow, hopefully its the hornet itself n the sponsor decals that are straight yellow mciracing.ca/pr...533da9daca

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47395

Well my 2 cents ........ again.......:laugh:

I have been using MCI decals for some time now and just received another lot last night. :woohoo:

I try to support his efforts when I can ( ordering) and have also provided him with a couple of images too. I like the fact that they are always looking to improve what they are producing and helping get the colours right is important, thanks for the comparisons that makes it very clear.
In my most recent order I added a new sheet for my Samurai and Celica GrB inventory. I already had these sheets from him but MCI has updated them to be more correct recently, most notably the number font on the Celica decals so I just ordered new ones.
The other great new thing there is the updated motor decal selection! Stuff I never thought I would find decals for like Race Prep and the Koysho LeMans motors :y:

Just to contradict what Purple Rob said, I don't think MCI is on ebay anymore. I did not ask why but I think it is only through the website now. I suspect ebay might just be to greedy $$. There are other decals sellers on there and I have tried some but the quality is varied, every where from fuzzy photocopied and printed at the wrong size to some nice pre cut ones from a seller in the UK ( sorry can't remember the name) but I think MCI is better even with the cutting. The colors are crisp and bright, the white is very opaque and the decal film is thin and sticks well...almost as good as dare I say the originals or what was formerly available from the guy at TC, I still miss those :(
I am sure in time and with our encouragement and $upport MCI will get there, perhaps he already is and it is just nostalgia that makes me think the others were better :y:
Don't forget about TBG, it looks like the bodies will be available on the MCI website soon, check it out.

And no I don't work for either of them, or even know what they look like, I just like what they are doing for us and want to promote it. So that's my not so shameless plug for them..:)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.654 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.