Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71801

Ahh, the highly sought after King Cab body set!! Nice!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71802

You always find nice goodies Manu. 

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71805

I ended up in the ER yesterday and spent all day yesterday and today being tested to find the cause of my high blood pressure.
(Take care of yourselves mates)

Finally came home to this which I ordered on Friday.
2x Volvo 850 BTCC bodies (sedan and estate/wagon)
40x 2mm scale bolts to future projects.
Tool for the scale bolts.
Tamiya 3mm bendy masking tape
Tamiya 10mm masking tape refill
2x Boom Racing Hustler M/T Extreme 4.45 (113mm) 1.9" tires for my 6x6 build (front tires)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71809

For some reason the "Fridge-on-Wheels" race cars always looked good.  Dunno why, but think has to do with "Volvo" and "Race Car" normally don't belong in the same sentence   
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71811

Received some days ago to be honest and I will switch it next weekend 

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71816

This one arrived yesterday

It's in pretty good condition, it looks like that it hasn't been driven that much. The body has a minor scratch on the side, i guess from the bad display position or storage somewhere.

If i'm nor wrong, the front bumper should be grey and not black i still have to confirm this.

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jeekelemental, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71817

Wahoo amazing. It's like new. I think that black bumpers were available to .  Maybe late or early  versions
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71819

...If i'm nor wrong, the front bumper should be grey and not black i still have to confirm this.

Earliest black bumper with "BUGY" misspelling: really low numbers of "mk.1" Rough Riders

Original black bumper = "mk.1" Rough Riders (about 45%) and "mk.1" Sand Scorchers (about 25%)

Original "grey" bumper - "mk.2" Rough Riders & Sand Scorchers, all Super Champs & F-150 Rangers, all Holiday Buggies & Sand Rovers

New black bumper (marked >ABS<): all re-re Buggy Champs & Sand Scorcher 2010s 

New "grey" bumper (marked >ABS<): all re-re Fighting Buggies

Just from the shine I've got to think that's a black re-re bumper ... one thing is for certain, it shouldn't be held on with a wood screw :S :D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71821

For some reason the "Fridge-on-Wheels" race cars always looked good.  Dunno why, but think has to do with "Volvo" and "Race Car" normally don't belong in the same sentence   

Volvo has actually a rich racing history, starting with the Volvo PV and Amazon, both very competive in rally back in the day.

Rydell is most known for driving the 850, but after that he drove the S40, winning Brand Hatch in 97

Most will probably remember the Group A 240 Turbo in the 80s

Volvo even made a 740 to replace the 240, but the 240 was quicker around the track so the 740 project was scrapped.

To fill the Volvo theme, I will be looking for a 1:10 Kyosho Volvo S40 body and a 240. I know APlastics do make a 240...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71822

I ended up in the ER yesterday and spent all day yesterday and today being tested to find the cause of my high blood pressure.

Sorry to hear that chap, did they send you home with a treatment?

I've found the worst thing for blood pressure is medical practitioners measuring it, and especially when they keep chasing a couple of millimetres of mercury for that "perfect" score :S 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.610 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.