Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zephyrin. Reason: something was wrong

Re: nooooooooo 11 years 5 months ago #15768

No shame at all there! I'm surprised the got away with it

Re: nooooooooo 11 years 5 months ago #15770

That distracted me...
What I was going to say was, don't bother with turbos for toy cars, they don't work & are for show only. A proper turbo needs micron accuracy in the bearing clearances & the bearings need to be fed with high pressure oil to work properly. Plain bronze bushes or ballraces won't allow the turbine to spin fast enough to be effective (I've rebuilt quite a few in my time, machining up new bearings for them & even at 4" it's really hit & miss if the new bearings work properly or not, the clearances needing to be far more accurate than what you can measure with good quality digital calipers).

If you're looking to make a 2-stoke engine more powerful (2-stroke as in petrol/oil mix, OR nitro), the best thing to do is get a properly designed exhaust expansion chamber, & you're unlikely to buy something like that from a model shop or Ebay, you'd need to talk to someone who's designed/built a few themselves. Proper tuned pipes usually go hand-in-hand with other serious engine mods, usually port-matching, port-timing, port-shape & port-size. You often have to mess about with the compression ratio too, not necessarily increasing it.

Probably the easiest way to get more out of a "stock" IC is to fit a nitrous kit, but don't overdo it as the "stock" crank/conrod is unlikely to be able to cope.

If we're talking about Zenoahs etc, best thing to do is to have a scout around the net to see what the IC powerboat boys are up to - with the mods they're doing to "weedwhacker" engines, 7hp out of a 23cc lump isn't uncommon

Re: nooooooooo 11 years 5 months ago #15775

Oh my God how cute Are they :laugh:
so tiny...sweet i buy some of rhem :lol: im pretty sure my Dog goes crazy on one of such things never see before damnsweet things lol
if someone else buy one give me info about this one's

Weekend incomming :woohoo:
Greatings Nexus
Onroad Pack: TL-01 Ford F-150 SVT /\ TA01 Nissan Skyline GT-R NISMO /\ TA03F Mitsubishi Evolution 4 (Rally) /\ TT-01 2003 Calsonic GT-R /\ TA02 (blue version) Calsonic R-33 GTR /\TA03F '99 Calsonic GT-R /\ GM TC4 '99 Skyline GT-R (roller) /\ TA02 Blitz Toyota Supra (Drift)(almost done) /\ FF02 Toyota Celica (W.i.P) /\ GP Racetruck (schaltgetribe 2 Gang+R W.i.P.) /\ Ownbuild Supra (FH Layout W.i.P.)

Offroad : Nikko Thor (Monstertruck) /\ TL-01B Baja King /\ Hitomi (Own Construcktion Scaler W.i.P) /\ AS-01 (reely version of TL-01B) Cross Tiger (actual just RWD) /\ P-440XL Reely Iron Breaker

Re: nooooooooo 11 years 5 months ago #15781

Any Tamiya tribute is flattering of course but I'd have an easier time "condoning" these if the T-brand didn't come down so fiercely on the people putting effort in producing decent decal replacements...

:dry:

Re: nooooooooo 11 years 5 months ago #15783

how about

:laugh:

Re: nooooooooo 11 years 5 months ago #15785

What the ... :lol:

do you mind about buying for yourself to save Gasoline ? :laugh:

ahm by the way The "Turbo" for this elektrical Cars are nothing else as a non Regulated Step (like 2 step Speedcontrol) in "normal mode the engine get just 1/2 or 2/3 of full power and the "turbo-Gear" is on full power. but it's nice for cornering with such small cars i Have some of them too ^^

let the Weekend begin :woohoo:
Nexus
Onroad Pack: TL-01 Ford F-150 SVT /\ TA01 Nissan Skyline GT-R NISMO /\ TA03F Mitsubishi Evolution 4 (Rally) /\ TT-01 2003 Calsonic GT-R /\ TA02 (blue version) Calsonic R-33 GTR /\TA03F '99 Calsonic GT-R /\ GM TC4 '99 Skyline GT-R (roller) /\ TA02 Blitz Toyota Supra (Drift)(almost done) /\ FF02 Toyota Celica (W.i.P) /\ GP Racetruck (schaltgetribe 2 Gang+R W.i.P.) /\ Ownbuild Supra (FH Layout W.i.P.)

Offroad : Nikko Thor (Monstertruck) /\ TL-01B Baja King /\ Hitomi (Own Construcktion Scaler W.i.P) /\ AS-01 (reely version of TL-01B) Cross Tiger (actual just RWD) /\ P-440XL Reely Iron Breaker

cheap turbo 11 years 5 months ago #15791

has anyone else taken off all of the resistors in a really cheap rc car so its uncontrollable?

Re: cheap turbo 11 years 5 months ago #15792

in whitch relation you mean that ?

Re: cheap turbo 11 years 5 months ago #15806

has anyone else taken off all of the resistors in a really cheap rc car so its uncontrollable?

No, but my nephew regards the throttle stick as an on/off switch :whistle:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.