Keyword

TOPIC:

Battery pack weights 6 years 11 months ago #44074

If this thread happens to be in the wrong section, moderators are welcome to move it where it belongs. I just couldn't find any section proper for this subject.

So, I've been buying some batteries lately to find my fav type, that is one type that I could use for all my cars, well except for my Sand Scorcher because that one needs those special hump-back packs unless I use some small Lipo pack, but then the weight of that pack wouldn't be heavy enough for the bug's suspension, and it would be more prone to roll.

Here's some weight info I've collected so far. Some packs I weighed myself (on my white digital scale pictured), some I've asked sellers on ebay to provide me with info about. Let's start with the Lipos.

I must add that the seller's info may be wrong as I've had one to recheck that weighed less than stated. This was because seller included the box, so it was the *shipping weight*. Some just don't bother to weigh the item themselves.

Weight of this battery pack is 193 grams.

Weight of this battery pack is 273 grams.

Weight of this battery pack is 215 grams.

Weight of this battery pack is 230 grams.

Weight of this battery pack is 223 grams.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by uncletom.

Battery pack weights 6 years 11 months ago #44075

And now let's continue with the Nimhs.

This battery pack weighs 343 grams.

This battery pack weighs 330 grams.

This battery pack weighs 282 grams.

This battery pack weighs 331 grams.

This battery pack weighs 430 grams.

Battery pack weights 6 years 11 months ago #44076

You can understand how the battery pack's weight affects the suspension of the car, and the car's road property, and agility in terrain.

The Maxam 5A pack is almost ½ kg, which makes it almost too heavy for the energy it provides. When driving my Fighting Buggy with this pack I can sense a clear slowdown after a short while, where it stays untill it starts to slow down completely.

In this respect using my 2.1A pack is more efficient, its lighter weight keeps the car from pulling all that load, keeping a better speed almost untill it's re-charging time.

Battery pack weights 6 years 11 months ago #44077

Interesting. I've never thought of weighing my packs.
Have you the weight of the old NiCd packs? I guess many of the early models were designed around NiCd packs, if the design looked at weight and suspension at all....
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Battery pack weights 6 years 11 months ago #44078

A very important point there, Lars. But no, I don't have any info on the older packs. Remember, I'm still a newbie ;)

I'd welcome any additional info on any old batteries here. So please weigh them, shoot them, and post them here.

Battery pack weights 6 years 11 months ago #44081

Very interesting Tomas. I will take my old sticks.
I had a big 6500 nimh wich dead after 1 charge and I saw that it was less efficient too.
Now I run with 2 2000 nimh. And they have power and satisfying run time.

Battery pack weights 6 years 11 months ago #44083

Awesome, a 6500 mah Nimh?? It's not some chinese trick brand product ?

And you don't have any of those old Tamiya hump-back packs that were sold back in the 80's?

Battery pack weights 6 years 11 months ago #44084

Yes I have 1 cased 7,2V and 1 6V. I will test their weight. But not today, they are into my parents home. ;)

Battery pack weights 6 years 10 months ago #44129

Today I got this Lipo, two of them. Weight is 132g each.

But I have a problem now. Look what wires I got with it. How will I charge it??
Am I suppose to bridge the + and - in the middle, with that black cable in the middle? I didn't get any diagram or picture with it.

Attachments:

Battery pack weights 6 years 10 months ago #44130

Sorry I can't help you. These wires aren't charge wires? The small connector is to have an eye on the temp of the elements from what I know...
And you have only 2 holes on your sticks.
Have you a zoom of the small white connector?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.