Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Your favorite Boxart 11 years 11 months ago #9560

Tamiya boxart runs the gamut from near realistic to wildly out of proportion. I loved how the Grasshopper and Frog seemed to leap at you. The Clod Buster just seemed to tower over everything despite being displayed simply on a white background. The Hornet seems to twist through a turn. The Wild Willy rears back on its haunches, the driver with a mad gleam in his eye. My personal favorite is the Lunch Box. The way the big yellow van bends up through a jump. It appears playful and fun just like the actual model. So what's your favorite and why?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Your favorite Boxart 11 years 11 months ago #9562

Bigwig.
There has always been something about it. The boxart sold it to me.
Also, to me, its a realistic model, the hot short, thunder shot, the bodies make teh cars look silly, really, who would race a real like supershot across teh Baja?

Re: Your favorite Boxart 11 years 11 months ago #9564

For me it's a toss-up between the Grasshopper (because that's the first car I had - although the driver does look like he's got something else on his mind ... possibly doing suduko puzzles on the dashboard while in mid air?), or the Holiday Buggy (because the drive looks like he's having fun ... I don't know why he looks so much older & more haggard by the time he gets to the Sand Rover).

Hornet & Hotshot boxart always looked flawed to me - the front left suspension is either broken or has shorter wishbones ?!?

Re: Your favorite Boxart 11 years 11 months ago #9567

I like the Grasshopper and Lunchbox the most for sentimental value, because those were my first two tamiya's back in the days.... :cheer:
But i think the most beautiful box-art is the Porsche 959, with the great details on it!

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: Your favorite Boxart 11 years 11 months ago #9571

Yeahhh
lunch box and midnight pumpkins are very very nices they are my favourites too. The 959 is my dream

Re: Your favorite Boxart 11 years 11 months ago #9572

... the hot short, thunder shot, the bodies make teh cars look silly, really, who would race a real like supershot across teh Baja?

Mickey Thompson would :cheer:

Seriously, I would say the 959 box is my favorite. The Bullhead Box is also cool.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Your favorite Boxart 11 years 11 months ago #9574

yeah, I was thinking on the way, I got the wrong car, I have a Supershot! I was thinking of the thunder shot I think, or thunder dragon, basically anything with a closed in canopy looks silly to me.

yeah, there are some GREAT box arts out there

Re: Your favorite Boxart 11 years 11 months ago #9582

By way of redeeming myself, can i post this about the 959.
This too is one of my favorite cars (yes its closed in but it is a proper car)

Hay Ewe

Re: Your favorite Boxart 11 years 11 months ago #9584

that's not a tamiya but I'm crying too.
That's the good time

Re: Your favorite Boxart 11 years 11 months ago #9617

Hahaha, I remember wetting myself at that dude launching his bike off that dune when watching the coverage of the PD on TV! Still just as funny! There's another similar one where a trail-truck does similar. Been there, done that, on a DT175 on King's Lynn BMX track.
Never had a proper look at the Tamiya 959, let alone seen the box. Always wondered why they did it as 1/12th though.
As far as favourite boxart goes, can't say I've got a favourite regarding quality or realism of the artwork, but certainly the Grasshopper, Frog & Wild willy bring back fond memories so I like them for that reason

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.