Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi Everyone! New Member Alert! 3 years 5 months ago #62606

Hi All,

Just thought I would introduce myself to the group... Heres' my RC Tamiya back story :)

Got a Tamiya Boomerang back when I was a kid in 1986 for Christmas which I started off just using in the back garden and on road etc. A few months after that as I kept going back into my local model shop for spare parts (mainly bummpers and wishbones), the owner sugested I join his racing club he had just started that ran on a Wednesday evening indoor on carpet and outdoor on gravel on Sunday. So I did..I raced the boomerang for 2 years solid winning a few trophies here and there and modifying the car where need be. Faster motors, heavy duty wish bones etc and much more.. After that I eventually switched to a Schumacher Cat as these things were winning races big time..

Along the way I built and raced a 1987 Lunchbox (I know, we I started a whole new catagory at the time). and a Mardave Mini carpet racer. I now enjoy restoring the vintage stuff for the preservation of these things. Pics below of my current project which is restoring an original Midnight Pumpkin to box art which will hopefully done sticking to authentic parts.. Just so hard to come by though so it might take a while!

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, TamiyafanTrieste

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Hi Everyone! New Member Alert! 3 years 5 months ago #62608

Welcome on board :y: B)
The following user(s) Liked this: Pacman

Hi Everyone! New Member Alert! 3 years 5 months ago #62609

Welcome to TamiyaBase, Pacman!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Hi Everyone! New Member Alert! 3 years 5 months ago #62612

Welcome pacman

Hi Everyone! New Member Alert! 3 years 5 months ago #62614

Welcome to the Group Pacman :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Hi Everyone! New Member Alert! 3 years 5 months ago #62618

Greetings and salutations Pacman.

Hi Everyone! New Member Alert! 3 years 5 months ago #62628

Howdy!!

Hi Everyone! New Member Alert! 3 years 5 months ago #62656

Welcome!

I cannot help wondering about Pacman's choice of name. Is there perhaps a hidden talent?

Which reminds me, I'd like to mention that I have the pleasure working with a colleague, Tommy Ericsson here in Stockholm, who became our local Pacman champion, back in 2014.

Here he is, I was there too, right in town at an event / fair arranged by another friend, Henrik Blomqvist. If there's an event Tommy is there.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by uncletom.

Hi Everyone! New Member Alert! 3 years 5 months ago #62657

Ha Ha! but sorry no relation to the arcade game, should of considered that when choosing the name! I can't even get past level 3!

Hi Everyone! New Member Alert! 3 years 5 months ago #62658

No worries. We'll just call you "Pacman JR".

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.