Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Has your resto project bitten you? 11 years 5 months ago #16441

Apart from CA glue all over my fingers, minor mishaps with sharp tools, mild soldering burns and some emotional scarring because of ruining parts, I've come away pretty clean so far. Knock on wood.

I did let a gearbox from a real scale car slide through my hands once when I tried to take it out.
So I ended up in First Aid with a big gash between my thumb and index finger. Very much needing a tetanus shot.
Drew blood working on real cars many times. My "favourite" one is putting a lot of strain on a screwdriver and then slipping and thrusting it in my other hand with full force.

Wearing glasses when I dremel stuff. Someone on the Dutch forum almost lost an eye that way...

:S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Has your resto project bitten you? 11 years 5 months ago #16445

Ouch! Eye damage is some serious modelling!
My finger is still giving me problems, so I went to A&E on Friday to get it checked. No nerve or muscle damage... just a deep cut that needs tlc!
Haven't done any work on my cars this weekend! :cry:
<p>Current projects:</p>

Re: Has your resto project bitten you? 11 years 5 months ago #16447

I've worn goggles twice whilst grinding rusty cars, both times I ended up in A+E with my head clamped whilst they dug the bits out of my eyeball with a hypodermic needle. Goggles are dangerous so won't be "doing the safe thing" again! Not a problem when they're on your face, but when you take them off, all the bits stuck to them fall off in your eyes. Grinding with your eyes shut is less dull in any case

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.