Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kyosho Raider Bodyshell 12 years 10 months ago #1461

I know its not Tamiya related but i have just been given a Kyosho Raider Chassis in outstanding condition. it just needs a new bumper, wheels and tyres which i can source ok.I am having trouble finding a body for it as the body fitted is nearly perfect on it but it has a couple of small annoying cracks near its nose.

I have purchased some repro decals from Tamiyoman from TC but need to source a repro shell for it now. i have heard of an ebay seller called teambluegroove that sells them but cannot find any listings for them?

Any ideas or advice from you guys? id like to restore this, i know they are not the greatest cars but its still retro rc and it looks so nice it would be a shame not to resto it as it looks so nice sat on my shelf.B)

Cheers in advance.:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Kyosho Raider Bodyshell 12 years 10 months ago #1468

Here's the link to their eBay store :

stores.ebay.nl/...bluegroove

Guess they're not selling anything at the moment. :(

But why not do a resto on the original body? ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: tamiya nut

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Kyosho Raider Bodyshell 12 years 10 months ago #1469

I would love to see some pictures of the Kyosho Raider.... :cheer:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Kyosho Raider Bodyshell 12 years 10 months ago #1475

wish i had the skills to do a resto on the original body if anyone fancies a go feel free to offer your services :)

tried attaching a pic of the bare chassis lars for you hope it works out its running graupner 35 mhz fm radio gear with four channel receiver even got given the transmitter brand new still in its box.....nice:)

entry level buggy but its really nice excuse the tumble dryer only good surface i could find for the pics :P

Attachments:

Re: Kyosho Raider Bodyshell 12 years 10 months ago #1476

sorry thought you might like some pics of the body has two small cracks at front reinforced by tape and epoxy i think and the rear mounting hole is too large also reinforced with tape otherwise perfect annoyingly.

this has been in a box in the loft for fifteen to twenty years :laugh:

managed to source the manual for this if anyone reading this needs a manual for one follow the link below ;) seems like a handy website

www.retromodeli...yosho.html
Attachments:

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Kyosho Raider Bodyshell 12 years 10 months ago #1478

Cool to see a vintage Kyosho chassis like that.
Definitely has more 'straight lines' than a Tamiya - they usually have more curves.

I can imagine you'd want a new body for it, although this could still be salvaged I think.
I've seen much worse than this one! :laugh:

Re: Kyosho Raider Bodyshell 12 years 10 months ago #1495

i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these cars before? i want to keep the car as original as possible and was given the front wheels and tyres with it that have cleaned up like new. the rear wheels came with it but without tyres just the rims. id like to re-use these to keep it original but they are the smallest rims i have seen measuring just 1.5 inches across? i cannot seem to source originals at a fair price does anyone know of any tyres that will fit this size of rim? what about tamiya hornet tyres? they look quite small but i have never owned a hornet so cannot be sure? any advice would be great!

thanks in advance

Re: Kyosho Raider Bodyshell 12 years 10 months ago #1496

What's the diameter of the rim?
The width of a Hornet tyre would come close to what is needed I think...

Both the width and diameter of a Grasshopper-Hornet rim are about 1.5 inches.

Re: Kyosho Raider Bodyshell 12 years 10 months ago #1497

thats the same width and diameter may give these a go as they look similar to the originals thanks for the help :)

Re: Kyosho Raider Bodyshell 12 years 10 months ago #1498

No problem. ;)

Hornet tyres are very nice looking too. B)
Just wanted to give the extra info that the Hornet has a 3-piece rim...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.