Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

58499 is a Mitsubishi Montero Wheelie 12 years 8 months ago #1871

In other words a Lunchbox with new body...
The Pajero was called Montero in Spain, USA, etc...

Specs from Tamiyausa.com:

This is a 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit of a first generation Montero (also known as Pajero and Shogun in different parts of the world) It was famous for participating in off-road races such as The Dakar Rally. This R/C machine uses the same chassis components as Item 58347 Lunch Box (2005). The 2WD chassis gives the hobbyist exciting R/C driving as well as fun wheelie action.

Specs and Features
1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
Kit includes FREE BONUS PARTS (1150 Ball Bearing x 8pcs.) First production run bonus only. 10/2011
Durable injection-molded body features cargo bed details, spare tire, and roll cage for heightened realism.
Box type frame 2WD chassis is equipped with front swing axle and rear rolling rigid suspension.
Fully-enclosed gearbox protects against dirt and debris.
115mm diameter tires
Wheelie bar included
Tamiya TEU-104BK forward and reverse brushed motor speed control. (equipped with low voltage protection feature)
Includes Tamiya 540 brushed motor

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 58499 is a Mitsubishi Montero Wheelie 12 years 8 months ago #1875

Any pictures? With that description, surely it's re-re of the 58044 Pajero ?

Re: 58499 is a Mitsubishi Montero Wheelie 12 years 8 months ago #1877

No pictures yet.

The description says Luchbox chassis, i.e. not rerelease in my perspective.
We can only hope the body is the same as the 58044.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Re: 58499 is a Mitsubishi Montero Wheelie 12 years 8 months ago #1880

I guess it could go either way ... but I think "uses the same chassis components as the lunchbox" is a fair description of the vintage Pajero - same rolling rear axle, same front wishbones, same bumper, slightly different wheelie bar, and the chassis tub wasn't modified that much from the Pajero to the LB/Pumpkin ...

Re: 58499 is a Mitsubishi Montero Wheelie 12 years 8 months ago #1882

I guess it could go either way ... but I think "uses the same chassis components as the lunchbox" is a fair description of the vintage Pajero - same rolling rear axle, same front wishbones, same bumper, slightly different wheelie bar, and the chassis tub wasn't modified that much from the Pajero to the LB/Pumpkin ...

True, but I doubt Tamiya will make the Pajero chassi as long as they have the Lunchbox chassis available. Time will tell :cheer:

-Lars

Re: 58499 is a Mitsubishi Montero Wheelie 12 years 8 months ago #1905

I guess I was being a bit optimistic - "115mm tyres" sounds like the balloons on the Lunchbox :(

At least it'll be a hard body - although I'm sure it'll be altered to suit the VLB/Pumpkin body mounts - and who knows what they'll do to the sponsor logos ...

Re: 58499 is a Mitsubishi Montero Wheelie 12 years 8 months ago #1908

First unofficial picture released! :laugh:

Re: 58499 is a Mitsubishi Montero Wheelie 12 years 8 months ago #1909

he he, sorry but I doubt it.
If that was the "new Pajero" the vintage Tamiya world would go nuts :laugh:

-Lars

Re: 58499 is a Mitsubishi Montero Wheelie 12 years 8 months ago #1910

A side note:
I am baffeled by the speculation going on in other Forums regarding this new model from Tamiya.
Quite a few of the posters has not even read what Tamiyausa writes on theitr site. So the speculation goes lexan/hard body, "hope the wheels are original", "Hope it is the original chassis", etc, etc. Come on! Read the specs..

Rant over :cheer:

-Lars

Re: 58499 is a Mitsubishi Montero Wheelie 12 years 8 months ago #1914

This would be the source of inspiration for the body :

Mitsubishi Dakar cars
Attachments:

Last edit: by Edou.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.