Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

58513 Tamiya Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 (TT-01E) 12 years 5 months ago #4164

Tamiya has released a picture of the upcoming Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5.(TT-01E)
This is probably the Celica Gr5 body set we have seen on events in Japan for a long time, placed on the TT-01E chassis.
Nor very exciting, as the body set is regularly available on ebay, but because the Calica is such a beautiful car, it deserves to be issued again.

This is just one of a few body sets on ebay just now:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: 58513 Tamiya Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 (TT-01E) 12 years 5 months ago #4245

Is'nt the wheelbase different on the tt-01e chassis?
I'm guessing the new re-issue will be like the 1/10th scale-ish lexan body lambo Tamiya brought out just a while back[its wheelbase is like 250mm?]?
The old kit#9 Celica LB GR.5 has like a 190mm wheelbase.
Both of my old tamiya 1/12th scale lambo's and Celicas are pretty small.
I would love to have one if its a hard body old 1/12th scale type.
But I would buy a lexan Celica LB body from Tamiya if its 1/10th scale size......
then it goes onto one of my 1/10 nitro cars!
zoom zoom!

keep us updated if you can Lars

Re: 58513 Tamiya Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 (TT-01E) 12 years 5 months ago #4246

Is'nt the wheelbase different on the tt-01e chassis?
I'm guessing the new re-issue will be like the 1/10th scale-ish lexan body lambo Tamiya brought out just a while back[its wheelbase is like 250mm?]?
The old kit#9 Celica LB GR.5 has like a 190mm wheelbase.
Both of my old tamiya 1/12th scale lambo's and Celicas are pretty small.
I would love to have one if its a hard body old 1/12th scale type.
But I would buy a lexan Celica LB body from Tamiya if its 1/10th scale size......
then it goes onto one of my 1/10 nitro cars!
zoom zoom!

keep us updated if you can Lars

Hmm, Rob, I must have missed something here. You are correct, the wheelbase does not fit..
The hard plastic Celica LB body has a wheelbase of 205mm.
The TT-01E is either 257 or 251mm depending on configuration, as far as I can see.
Of course the 1/10 vs 1/12th scale should have told me this, but... :blush:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Re: 58513 Tamiya Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 (TT-01E) 12 years 5 months ago #4257

Yep, your right...
My old CS Celica LB turbo GR.5 and my comp special Lambo are at 210-212mm wheelbase areas.
I guess we'll have to wait and see on the NEW 2012-Celica LB turbo??
You LUCKY guys over-the-pond will get it 1st anyways.....

The USA might not see it until summer-2012! booo :pinch:

PLZ keep us all updated

Rob

Re: 58513 Tamiya Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 (TT-01E) 12 years 5 months ago #4267

PLZ keep us all updated

OK, here are more pictures, fresh from Japan:

-Lars
Attachments:

Re: 58513 Tamiya Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 (TT-01E) 12 years 5 months ago #4272

... the Celica is such a beautiful car...

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there ... paint it purple & stick the number 00 on the side & it'd be a dead ringer for Dick Dastardly's Mean Machine :silly:

Re: 58513 Tamiya Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 (TT-01E) 12 years 5 months ago #4289

... the Celica is such a beautiful car...

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there ... paint it purple & stick the number 00 on the side & it'd be a dead ringer for Dick Dastardly's Mean Machine :silly:

No, no, no, no, no, no....
It is a beauty! :laugh: It is!

-Lars

Re: 58513 Tamiya Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 (TT-01E) 12 years 5 months ago #4295

I like it too:laugh:

Think I have to have that one together with the vw bus...

Re: 58513 Tamiya Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 (TT-01E) 12 years 5 months ago #4296

it looks like a lexan body to me.
1/10th scale?
I see they have the old BMW TA02 car out again...omg I was just about to list mine on ebay!
HEY anyone want it for like $50usd?

THX Lars.

keep the updates coming

Re: 58513 Tamiya Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 (TT-01E) 12 years 5 months ago #4298

Yep 1:10, all TTO1's are 1:10

Now, if just Mr.T gets his finger out and make the Zakspeed Capri too:woohoo:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.