Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 58525 Wild One Offroader! 11 years 9 months ago #10641

I "reserved" one at Stella a while back, yesterday they told me they'd got stock in, and asked if I still wanted one... Today they told me what the shipping would be, and asked me to confirm so they could send me a Paypal invoice ...

All good so far, but my reason for going with Stella would be that I got it faster, and it would (apparently) be so much cheaper that even if I got hammered by import duties, I'd still be better off.

Well, I did the maths:

Wild One @ 165 USD + 64 USD shipping, converted to GBP = 147.94 GBP ... but of course that's not the rate I'd pay, it's always worse, so call it an additional punitive 2%, = 150.89 GBP, with the risk of paying import duties (which I worked out at around 42 GBP).

Looking at FusionHobbies on the other hand: Wild One at 179 GBP, less 10 GBP for the the TEU104BK ESC I won't need/don't want = 169 GBP, less 10% TC subscriber discount = 152.1 GBP.

I think I'd rather know exactly how much I'm going to pay & wait a few extra weeks :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.