Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Even more speed! 10 years 8 months ago #24539

All, I have just now put in place more systems to speed up TamiyaBase.com even more.
I'm not sure if it pays off, so please let me know if you notice any change in page load speed.

Also, let me know here if you notice any strange behaviour of this site white loading, displaying images, etc.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Even more speed! 10 years 8 months ago #24543

Wish you'd kept displaying the avatars through the site itself... :(
But that is something I suspect will not be a general issue.

Even more speed! 10 years 8 months ago #24545

Wish you'd kept displaying the avatars through the site itself... :(
But that is something I suspect will not be a general issue.

Hi Edou, what do you mean?
I can see all the Avatars as before.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Even more speed! 10 years 8 months ago #24546

Thumbnail picture loading in articles seems a bit ropy ... I've tried several & it seems to be the longer ones with more photos that suffer the most.

Even more speed! 10 years 8 months ago #24547

Lars, I can (since today) only see the avatars if I allow all the site's scripts.
That kinda slows things down for me (and it's something I'm generally not very keen on)...

What I noticed too - the functionality buttons for posting seem to take a second or so to load when before it would be instantly.
But I might not be representative for the common user (computer is faster now but bandwidth a bit limited).

Even more speed! 10 years 8 months ago #24551

Lars, I can (since today) only see the avatars if I allow all the site's scripts.
That kinda slows things down for me (and it's something I'm generally not very keen on)...

What I noticed too - the functionality buttons for posting seem to take a second or so to load when before it would be instantly.
But I might not be representative for the common user (computer is faster now but bandwidth a bit limited).

I tested with "NoScript" and although some of the features of the site is disabled, I did see the avatars.

Thumbnail picture loading in articles seems a bit ropy ... I've tried several & it seems to be the longer ones with more photos that suffer the most.

I have now tweaked some image handling software, maybe this fixes both issues?

For the record:
I do not recommend using script blocking software, I just don't see the point. :) If you do use it, you should allow all scripts on TamiyaBase.com for the site to work properly.

Even more speed! 10 years 8 months ago #24552

I have now tweaked some image handling software, maybe this fixes both issues?

Article pic loading is certainly better :y:

Even more speed! 10 years 8 months ago #24554

NoScript normally protects against scripted ad viruses, unwanted tracking and will increase site loading speed... ;)

Last edit: by Edou.

Even more speed! 10 years 8 months ago #24557

Very Good :y:

NoScript normally protects against scripted ad viruses, unwanted tracking and will increase site loading speed... ;)

The catch is that this site, and many others, actually use scripts to make them faster. (in addition to various features) :)

-Lars

Even more speed! 10 years 8 months ago #24560

Nothing wrong with scripts in itself of course. :)
Web couldn't do without it (if you want it to be interactive at all)...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.