Keyword

TOPIC:

Streching a Pajero Metaltop, is it worth it? 10 years 3 months ago #27383

Yesterday I was ready to paint my 2 doors Mitsubishi Pajero Metaltop wide, 4 or 5 years after the start of the build :blush: even washed the shell and rattled the can. But I never really liked the 2 door version, I just bought it because it was a re-release and a great offroad driver.

The car looks so small and cute compared to the 4 door version, which would become as big as a hilux (almost the same wheelbase)

The great thing is that the cc-01 chassis can be streched easy because of the extra holes for the 58178: Honda CR-V Sport Utility, just an extra long driveshaft is needed. so the chassis doesnt need any customisation. The only thing you need is an extra Pajero shell, some 50 euro's a lot of time glue, putty and sandpaper.

See here my photoshopped photo's from a internet pajero photo.

Only the rear area neer the gastank might become a problem, since the donor rear bumper isnt that big either..

Shall I do this? I mean there are already tons of normal 2 door pajero's. I would probably increase in value too since it is quite unique.

Cheers,
Feraz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by achmedachmed.

Re:Streching a Pajero Metaltop, is it worth it? 10 years 3 months ago #27384

If you have the time and money I say go for it. It would be a very interesting build to see.

Streching a Pajero Metaltop, is it worth it? 10 years 3 months ago #27385

I'd like to see that :y:

Streching a Pajero Metaltop, is it worth it? 10 years 3 months ago #27387

:y:

have a search at rockcrawler.com or scalecrawl forums, I think I have seen some there.

Streching a Pajero Metaltop, is it worth it? 10 years 3 months ago #27406

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: achmedachmed

Streching a Pajero Metaltop, is it worth it? 10 years 3 months ago #27424

thanks for that link, I just read the whole 45 pages of an original build, seen some things I can improof.

How to use and cut the bodyparts is the most important part, i have found the best way to cut the 2 shells by staying away as much as possible from the detailed parts like doorhandles, doorlines, window lines etc. because you dont want to spend hours making a new door line if it isnt necessary in the first place. So the plan is to glue most parts togheter which are quite flat and easy to reach in the first place for easy sanding :D. The roof might be the biggest job. Since there is a curve in the 2 door version and the sunroof is more to the rear in the 4 door version.

Should work like this, I will use the red-lined area's.

Tommorow i will cut the first shell with cottonwire (my first time ever), and then I have to wait for the other to arrive.

These 2 should get me this :P

And hopefully this

I think I will leave the rearlights and front winkers as they are, just paint them instead of making clear ones .. I do need a longer driveshaft (maybe from a longer XC CC-01 model?) and some spare sidestaps to make longer ones.

Cheers,
Feraz

Streching a Pajero Metaltop, is it worth it? 10 years 3 months ago #27438

:cry: The small wheelebase is so nice!I had the chance to ride with a 1/1 scale and I love it. More than the LWB. :lol:
It is a big but nice project :silly:

Streching a Pajero Metaltop, is it worth it? 10 years 3 months ago #27507

Well now there is no way back, I am amased by this wire cutting technique. It is almost like a lasercut, the wire infacts melts/cuts through the body leaving almost no dust or plastic material. I still have to file the new edges a little bit.

Now it is time to wait for the second shell from Jason his store.

Here a great video from a dutch guy who shows how to do this wire cutting

Cheers,
Feraz
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok

Streching a Pajero Metaltop, is it worth it? 10 years 3 months ago #27508

You are a brave man, Feraz!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Streching a Pajero Metaltop, is it worth it? 10 years 2 months ago #27697

Well received the second re-re Pajero MTW shell to CUT UP :laugh:

Did some calculations to get it perfectly scale in size (I hope)

Tomorrow some more wire cutting,

By the way this is my luchbox with an apocalipse surviving bashing shell I once made from plexiglass (didnt want to scratch the Vanessa wagon ;) )

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.