Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17175

:y:
Nice, You can use metallic grey to.
I love the blue avante ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17179

With white the color will gain saturation and the blue will be more intense.
With silver the color will gain more metalization but will be less intense.
I prefer white imho.

Max

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17190

Oh yesss
Now I know why my bodies aren't so colorfull :y:

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17193

HI!... Yes I usually always back spray my bodies with white. This time I didn't due to I used real Tamiya body paint. I almost always use Pactra body paint. It is sold everywhere here. Tamiya paint is not sold anywhere here and I usually have to order it and it takes 2-3 weeks to get here. I've had major issues before when trying to use white Pactra paint over top of Tamiya paint before. They seem to react to each other sometimes. I didn't want to take a chance of ruining this body after I put so much work into it. Plus I have already peeled off the protective coating and it would be a PITA now to respray if I had Tamiya white paint.

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17209

I don't use pactra paint now because I had some big problems and bad reactions with ABS and lexan.

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17213

HI!... Well all the LHS's only carry Pactra around here. Tamiya paint is very hard to get in Canada. It contains something that our government doesn't like. If you can get it through a LHS then they usually make you order a case of it or at least 3 cans at over $11 a can each!. I can't afford that with all the painting I do. I get the Pactra for $6 and it's always on the shelf. After using the Tamiya paint on the Avante, I do think it is superior paint. It goes on thicker and comes out of the can a ton smoother than Pactra's regular spray head. I might bite the bullet and start ordering the Tamiya paint.

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17214

:sick:
I think that the pactra are more agressive than the tam. and the odour :sick:

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17284

HI!... Well I got some more work done on the Avante tonight. I'm using a Tamiya 2011 decal sheet. Some of the decals are identical to the original 1988 ones. Those are the ones I have applied to this Avante. Plus I had a few vintage ones that matched the originals. Still need to source out a few others. I got the driver/cockpit about 90% painted currently. Should have that done tomorrow. Here's a few pics :

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17287

I recognize the Pactra metallic blue, is it right?

Max

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17300

HI!... No that's actually Tamiya PS-16 Metallic Blue.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.