Keyword

TOPIC:

fox resto and info please! 9 years 3 months ago #32999

:) Hi guys,
I won an auction on the bay for a fox. It is largely to restore like 1 front arm brocken, the right side guard missing, and the rear guard too. the front shock and the full body too are missing. I am looking for infos and these spares please. this model is absolutely unknown for me.
thanks for your help
flo

seller s pics
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

fox resto and info please! 9 years 3 months ago #33000

Great project!
Since "The Fox" is re-released as the "Nova Fox" there are plenty of spares available on eBay. Vintage spares are harder to come by, but shows up from time to time. Be prepared to pay a "premium" for the original vintage spares, though.....

fox resto and info please! 9 years 3 months ago #33001

The vintage Fox is one of the few models from Tamiya that had a unique chassis. In other words, the chassis parts are only found on the fox, and then hard to find. That's for the vintage parts...

Because, Tamiya re-released the Fox recently (and named it Nova Fox) and comparing part numbers show that the parts should be compatible. There are some sellers on ebay with Nova Fox parts available.

I have raced a Fox in vintage races some years ago, and it's a really fun model to drive.
Good luck with the restoration, and keep us updated!

(Sorry, didn't see TommieG's post before I posted) :)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.

fox resto and info please! 9 years 3 months ago #33003

:) thanks guys, the central frame looks to be ok and the inside is a total surprise... I found some spares on ebay but I hope that thesto wouldn't be too expensive. :blush: in reality, I wanted this lot for a beaties bag wich is sold with. but after some researchs, it could be fun to do a resto of an unknown model ;) .
ps all spares are welcome :P

fox resto and info please! 9 years 3 months ago #33004

I'm sorry I don't have anything for the Fox at the moment. I have a re-re Nova Fox, but that's about it.

Having completed my "Shot-lineup" (Hotshot, Boomerang, Supershot, Hotshot 2, Bigwig and Super Sabre), I might start on a Fox project, as I see the Fox as the 2WD version of that same "family".

Tom
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

fox resto and info please! 9 years 3 months ago #33008

I hope the front shock you sent me for the Boomerang wasn't your last :blush:

edit: I had a look through my parts box & only have a ratty old bumper for the fox :S
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

fox resto and info please! 9 years 3 months ago #33014

I hope the front shock you sent me for the Boomerang wasn't your last :blush:

edit: I had a look through my parts box & only have a ratty old bumper for the fox :S

I have some yellow cvas at home ;) I hope that it is complete in the inside. ( msc etc.) I am excited to receive it fast :evil:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

fox resto and info please! 9 years 3 months ago #33018

Nice project Stingray,

I have mine that is currently completely dismanteled....but i don't think i will have leftovers :(
I was lucky enough to find a complete vintage body set from the US for a very good price...i hope you'll be as lucky as i was.
I think it's worth mentioning that if you want to keep it 100% vintage you have to be patient and reconsider your budget :blink: :blink:

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

fox resto and info please! 9 years 3 months ago #33020

:) thanks Manotas, but if rere spares are the same, especiallyside and rear guards it will be ok. for the body I will see for a rere or a tbg. fI have to see if stickers are the same and why not a repro sheet. idea to mind. but before I am waiting it to do a complete state. tires seem to be ok and not too used. it is an out of grange modele. rusted and dusty. all what I like :S :whistle:

fox resto and info please! 9 years 3 months ago #33021

Looking at the photos was a sucking air through the teeth moment - not only has it broken in all the usual places, but it's been seriously bodged too.

I'll just say "good luck" & leave you with a list of the differences between the original Fox & the re-re, from memory & a quick look through the re-re manual:

- Name changed to "Nova Fox" & decals reflect that
- other sponsor decals changed to fake/generic names
- driveshafts now dogbones instead of hex drive
- rear hubs changed to suit above
- rear drive shafts changed to accomodate E rings (circlips) instead of wire C-clips, also changed to suit new driveshafts
- rubber drive boots omitted
- servo saver seal omitted (foam tape used instead)
- MSC, aluminium mounting plate + resistors, mounts & guards omitted
- very basic front antiroll bar included in kit (previously a nice optional extra)
- shocks now use rubber diaphragm instead of piston & spring (not sure about the other dimensions)
- antenna now an aluminium base + plastic tube

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.