Keyword

TOPIC:

the boomerang 8 years 3 months ago #36724

:) I will receive in few days a vintage boomerang. I don't know this model and I would like to know where can be the problems. on the picts of the seller, it looks to be relatively nice. I know that the center shaft is missing and the 540 and msc are here. the body is missing. Is the shaft common with the 959?
Thanks guys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

the boomerang 8 years 3 months ago #36729

:) I will receive in few days a vintage boomerang. I don't know this model and I would like to know where can be the problems. on the picts of the seller, it looks to be relatively nice. I know that the center shaft is missing and the 540 and msc are here. the body is missing. Is the shaft common with the 959?
Thanks guys

959 shaft is very different, I suspect the Bigwig (which has the same wire shaft with simple looped ends) could be the right length, but looking at the manual for the vintage and re-reelase Boomerangs, both have the same part # for the shaft - 5395016

the boomerang 8 years 3 months ago #36732

:) thank you Jonny

the boomerang 8 years 3 months ago #36736

You should check the A-arms, as they "all" seem to crack where the axle pins goes through.

the boomerang 8 years 3 months ago #36737

:) Thanks Tom. It was sent today. I'll maybe receive it thursday. I hope. Or friday.

the boomerang 8 years 3 months ago #36755

:) I thought that I bought a pearl and in reality I bought a gravel :( :sick:

I haven't dismantled the chassis.
Originally, I bought it to make a replica of the competition fox. (Like in the article I posted) But I don't know. Could I restore it for a cheap price, or would I better do the custom Fox?
Thanks for advices.
Attachments:

the boomerang 8 years 3 months ago #36757

:sick:

Dry...
Attachments:

the boomerang 8 years 3 months ago #36759

Stupid thing is, if you would throw it away it will come back, so better fix it. :whistle:

Doesnt look so bad, still has some profile left on the tires :P
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by waterbok.

the boomerang 8 years 3 months ago #36760

Stupid thing is, if you would throw it away it will come back...

Looks like you got a bit of a pup there :(
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

the boomerang 8 years 3 months ago #36761

:) I see that pieces are in good state but I don't know if the restoration will be expensive or not. I saw on the bay that spares are not really cheap. :(

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.