Keyword

TOPIC:

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 9 months ago #44934

Hey all,
If you have used it before with good results then that's great. I have never seen that brand in my local market so I looked it up while I was having a coffee here. Seems to be fairly popular in many countries and the data sheet says its for use on ferrous and non ferrous metals but nothing about plastics. I guess you will just need more coats to fill in the damage as it is not a high build type primer. Keep at it, it's going to be great!!!!

BTW, I normally use the Tamiya primers for everything model related, it's formulated for plastic and metal according to the can and it always works. The only time I switch up to automotive types is when I need a lot of it...the Tamiya stuff is quite pricy!!
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 9 months ago #44935

Ixell is used at Renault. It's why I use it:whistle:
Tamiya primer is expensive. This one is free :p and I am lazy to go to my shop. So, if I don't go to my shop, no temptation ;).

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 9 months ago #44936

I painted a pair of rear lights repro.
Attachments:

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 9 months ago #44937

I wouldn't worry about it too much at all. Primers are primers and usually whwn you have issues it will be apparent from the start ie bubbling crinkling or the plastic will just plain melt or get eaten away. If youre good after a coat your good to go.

Kinda like when car guys start to worry about what colour antifreeze to use in thier cars..
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 9 months ago #44945

Tomorrow, if it is not another summer rainy day, I will spray another primer layer. And see if defects are gone. I have some poor lunar zones but with a thick layer it should be ok.

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 9 months ago #44978

Far to the perfection but with decals , cleat coats and the copilot, it should be ok.
Kitten is not included in the kit :D
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 9 months ago #44980

Hey! Looking good my friend...classic black and yes I am sure after the rest of the body goes together, decals, clear, lights, cage, roof etc. it is going to look amazing :y: . I am so inspired to get working on one for myself ! wow what a project I am sure we will not see the blazer out again.
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 9 months ago #44981

Thank you willy. I puted a clear coat. And I am waiting drying to see the result. I hope that decals will mask defaults. I cross fingers.

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 9 months ago #44985

Why the big rush to get it done? To get a decent standard of finish & leave adequate outgassing/curing time that body would have taken me at least 3 to 4 weeks, if not months.

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 9 months ago #44987

You are right Jonny. I have to wait 2 weeks for the clear coat. Primer dried during 15h, and the paint took only 2. That's what is wrotten on sprays. (The primer take only 15minutes)
Where I am desappointed, it is that I still have some ugly points. They were not here after the thrid primer coat. Several sponsors decals should mask them. And I want to put a copilot on the right seat. And why not rubber floor carpets under feet.
I always do errors on my hard bodies. That give me angry....
Should I put another clear coat?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.