Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Countach 58005 runner 6 years 3 months ago #47286

Well I finally got around to start working on my Countach runner, I’ve cleaned the chassis up and just ready to install some electrics, stripped the shell ready for a tiny and repaint.

The body needs some repair on the roof and window posts but that shouldn’t cause too much hassle. I’ve alrwsdy started reinforcing the roof with my embedded needle solution (as per my Countach resto thread).

The mechanism tray needed two new body mount clips as they were completely missing and the motor mount has a 540 jammed in instead. Basically someone has chewed it up to for one in before and not very well, so I opened up the holes and done a proper job, well made good of it.

I hope to make nearly every single body fitting myself, including the lenses and screen.

Here’s some pics so far

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Countach 58005 runner 6 years 3 months ago #47287

Body
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, stingray-63, AndyAus

Last edit: by Purple_rob.

Countach 58005 runner 6 years 3 months ago #47306

Hey mister Purple,
Looking good so far, what was the magic stuff you used to get the paint off?? I really think I need to start looking for one of these Lambos...(oh no! says my wallet).
I have no doubt based on your work that you can make all the required parts for this one. The screen is flat on these isn't it? Keep up the good work, I am inspired to get back at my projects too :)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Countach 58005 runner 6 years 3 months ago #47310

It’s called graffiti go mate, I’m sure I posted another topic on it somewhere. Best stuff I have come across. Used in countachs and Scorcher bodies so far and seems very safe.

The screen is actually curved, I’ll post a pic of my repro very soon.

On another note on this chassis, it has one of my repro bumpers attached.
Attachments:

Countach 58005 runner 6 years 2 months ago #48287

Just finished putting some paint on the body. It wasn’t perfect and I’m a little disappointed with the window I made but for a runner I think it will turn out well enough. I picked up a little reaction at the front and a couple of bits of crud in the paint so I will flat that out tomorrow and patch up, then I’ll give it some lacquer.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, goldfish999

Countach 58005 runner 6 years 2 months ago #48295

I've also finally finished the mounds for my telephone wheels this weekend. I wanted to make myself a set of black wheels for this runner.

Maybe you see where this colour scheme is going now???

I just wish I had some all weather or at the least better slicks.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Countach 58005 runner 6 years 2 months ago #48303

Those black wheels look perfect, Rob!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Countach 58005 runner 6 years 2 months ago #48304

White LP400S' don't look bad at all! :ohmy:

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Last edit: by larbut.

Countach 58005 runner 6 years 2 months ago #48309

Those black wheels look perfect, Rob!

Thanks Lars, they are not perfect as I wasn't particularly careful or meticulous when making them as I usual am but they are really nice copies.

If anyone has any used treaded (all weather) tyres kicking around drop me a message and let me know what you want for them.

Countach 58005 runner 6 years 2 months ago #48311

White LP400S' don't look bad at all! :ohmy:

That’s the same picture I had on my bedroom wall when I was kid, along with half the male adolesents alive at the time I dare say, a beautiful beautiful car, you choose ya colour scheme wisely Rob :y:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.401 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.