Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya "GRASSHOPPERII" (1988) 13 years 2 months ago #563

HI!... Picked this Tamiya Grasshopper II up off Ebay. In pretty good shape. I'll be restoring this one to bone stock out of the box condition.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya "GRASSHOPPERII" (1988) 13 years 2 months ago #564

HI!... Well my decals showed up today. :mrgreen: Still waiting on a NIP body to show up. Still having a hard time finding original GRASSHOPPER II front/rear wheels. This one came with some other cars wheels on it.

Re: Tamiya "GRASSHOPPERII" (1988) 11 years 6 months ago #14125

HI!... I been working on this Grasshopper II for about 2 years now. Really hard car to find NIB parts for. lol! I think the wheels and tires took me the longest to find. Anyway it's almost complete. All I need is to finish painting the driver (he is drying as I type this) a MSC threaded servo arm and a resistor cover. The MSC is NIB as are the two Futaba servos. Here's a few pics :

Re: Tamiya "GRASSHOPPERII" (1988) 11 years 6 months ago #14156

;) I have 2 grassII and 1 grass(not rerelease).
There are all common pieces without body and main frame and wheeles. Only plastics are softer on the grasshopper11 The diff is identical to the lunchbox.
My first grasshopper2 is like a madbull but I built it some years before :huh: .
Others are box art.

Re: Tamiya "GRASSHOPPERII" (1988) 11 years 5 months ago #15901

HI!... Well I finally got the driver painted up and found a MSC threaded servo arm and resister cover. This one is 100% complete. :cheer: :y:

Re: Tamiya "GRASSHOPPERII" (1988) 11 years 4 months ago #17122

HI!... Well I finally got around to getting a new chassis/gearbox/front suspension pieces. The originals are all scratched up badly.

Re: Tamiya "GRASSHOPPERII" (1988) 11 years 4 months ago #17127

Those scratches don't seem to be to hard to overcome. www.tamiyabase....astic.html
I think you will get some nice results if you follow JR 's guide and won't have to spend money on buying new stuff.

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: Tamiya "GRASSHOPPERII" (1988) 11 years 4 months ago #17128

HI!... Well all the new stuff only cost $25. I don't have the time or patience to sit there and sand out scratches. Plus I have like 10 projects on the go right now. Don't want to waste so much time on one particular project.

Re: Tamiya "GRASSHOPPERII" (1988) 11 years 4 months ago #17137

:( HP it is not a rally.
Take your time ;)

Re: Tamiya "GRASSHOPPERII" (1988) 11 years 4 months ago #17140

Those scratches don't seem to be to hard to overcome. www.tamiyabase....astic.html

I don't know if I'd say that was easy, it's certainly not quick ... I think I'd only recommend it where the parts are very difficult and/or expensive to come by - they also need to be essentially flat for the metthod to work.

:)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.