Keyword

TOPIC:

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67742

Velcro is a cheap solution. And light. But magnets are nicer. Maybe a light floor could be fun. Thingsgiver has a seet set for midnight wich fits on lunchy. That's could be a light solution to. 
the chassis is nice like it is for me
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67768

Top tip, you can use those top window tints intended for windshield.
Cost about a tenner I guess.

My local motor factors carry them at least.
I personally have never been fond of window tint spary, like Tamiya smoke, as they tend to go on uneven.

I meant properly black out, rather than smoke/ tint ... to that end I used PS- whatever Black on the inside of the sunroof & windscreen today, thinking that would stick best.

The sunroof looks fine, the windscreen looks badly crazed, despite being off the same sprue, with the same paint at the same time. I haven't remove the masking yet, but I may be in the market for a new "glass" sprue :whistle:

Can't say I've had much luck with Tamiya smoke either, but I have found that brush painting it or airbrushing it (the X- variety 10ml acrylic) is even worse than the aerosols :S
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67777

I prefer the x19 than aerosol. But only airbrushed or I use tint film for 1:1 cars. 

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67779

If you have an airbrush you could try candy paints, Createx do a Candy Black in their Candy2O range, you will need the carrier and some thinners but its acrylic and easy to spray. As its a proper dye based candy its nice and easy to keep adding layers till its the shade required
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67785

I'm fan of createx but they are expensive. My lexan lunchy has been painted 20 years ago with the blue green purple cameleon. And several rc have been painted with cameleon createx. 

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67786

Is that original createx that is made for textiles and tshirts? I've heard its good for Lexan bodies
Regards

Lee

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67787

No it was the auto air color . Perfect on the lexan, abs and real cars. I repainted details on my wife car. And the paint kept more than the original paint. And airbrushed with tamiya air brush. :D

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67788

the brat is blue green and the lb purple blue green cameleon auto air color createx paint. 
The brat has been painted in 2005 and the lunchy approximatly 1999 or 2000. The paint is still sticky well
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, Ducksnuts

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67879

I think this is the most fuss I've made over finishing a Lunchbox body ... Rubber Black around the windows, Aluminium around the roof light & on the side & rear lights, Clear Red & Clear orange over the lights, and aluminium tape on the drip rail. Thinned NATO black in the door & panel gaps was too much IMO, but I'm still quite pleased with the result :)

Attachments:

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67880

I really like the detail.  The aluminum tape on the roof rail is particularly nice.  How did you get it to fit so precisely?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.