Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TT-RC / PUBG Tamiya Unimog 425 & 406 Body Conversions 1 year 2 months ago #74172

Juggled & modified all the bumper bits to fit, including making some M3 threaded standoffs for the 425 front.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TT-RC / PUBG Tamiya Unimog 425 & 406 Body Conversions 1 year 2 months ago #74173

Pretty nice jonny 

TT-RC / PUBG Tamiya Unimog 425 & 406 Body Conversions 1 year 2 months ago #74251

Scanned the Tamiya window masks & cut my own sets from vinyl & applied one on the inside, also masked up for the black later, sprayed green and orange as appropriate, and unpeeled the relevant masking, ready to spray the black:

Black sprayed, outer film peeled & 2nd set of window masks applied - to the outside this time.

Reason for that is it's all far too shiny & want to knock it back a bit with clear on the outside...

Spraying the black over the green was no problem, but I really should have put a barrier coat of something like silver over the orange  ... the black is quite graduated so I can call it shading or weathering, but you shouldn't really be able to see it through the orange :whistle:  
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

TT-RC / PUBG Tamiya Unimog 425 & 406 Body Conversions 1 year 2 months ago #74252

I had to drill out one of the M2.6 screws, so drilled out the 4 holes in the mounts to 2.5mm, the holes in the body to 3.2mm & used M3 screws with 2mm hex heads instead.

I think the problem with the originals is that the cross in the head is just too small and fine to get enough grip for the torque required to drive the screws into the plastic, so no matter what screwdriver you use (I tried a Tamiya medium JIS point, the best fitting cross point jewellers screwdriver I had, and the best fitting hex bit I had, but all cammed out & damaged the screws. I even had to drill one out :S  

Using vinyl for the window masks really didn't work out this time, especially on the inside. I wish I could has this was the worst one, but it was one of the best - some left pretty much all the adhesive on the Lexan, so I had to spend a lot of time removing it with cotton buds dipped in Tar & Glue Remover S 

This is what Pro-Line call "Matte" Clear - even spraying it with one of my 0.8mm SA airbrushes & deliberately not finishing with a wet coat to get a texture, it's satin at best ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

TT-RC / PUBG Tamiya Unimog 425 & 406 Body Conversions 1 year 2 months ago #74254

Very nice jonny. I love them

TT-RC / PUBG Tamiya Unimog 425 & 406 Body Conversions 1 year 2 months ago #74296

Orange Mog done: 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

TT-RC / PUBG Tamiya Unimog 425 & 406 Body Conversions 1 year 2 months ago #74297

... and the Sea Green 406, my favourite of the two:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

TT-RC / PUBG Tamiya Unimog 425 & 406 Body Conversions 1 year 2 months ago #74298

+1 for the 406 to. Same if I'm not fan of the sea green/blue. You will put lights inside?

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.